Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the sctx4 and ran the performance and street tune. Liked the performance tune but shifted funny. Decided to go with Looney Wild and wow. Not sure if would be a wise daily driver with all of that power. Did get 14mpg on a 300mile trip.

What is everyone else running?

2005 F250 Studded, deleted, s and b. 6” lift on 37’s.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Just got the sctx4 and ran the performance and street tune. Liked the performance tune but shifted funny. Decided to go with Looney Wild and wow. Not sure if would be a wise daily driver with all of that power. Did get 14mpg on a 300mile trip.

What is everyone else running?

2005 F250 Studded, deleted, s and b. 6” lift on 37’s.
I'm not studded, so running the Looney. To me it's smooth, but it doesn't seem to hit as hard as the preloaded performance tune. Might just be because I'm baying the truck more lately.
Still, the truck is fast as fk and, if I behave (60ish) Im getting as much as 23 on the freeway, 12 with my mostly stop light to stop light driving. When I was commuting 40 miles each way, I was averaging 19 mpg, including the endless supply of stop lights on my way to the house.
I am NOT lifted, you pay for that in to many ways.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m deleted and in Texas they just do safety check. They ask on quick tricks if your deleted or not so I’m assuming they tune it that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well what worries me is that they say you have to update the tuner, and that removes the delete function. do you have a cel? I want to be able to go back to my canned tunes so I don't have to pay more $ for a tow tune etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can do that even if it updates. You’ll have your custom tunes plus all the sctx4 tunes that it comes with

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok, did you have to do anything so it doesn't auto update? also how recent did you get it, because he told me software wouldnt work well with outdated tuner

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ok, did you have to do anything so it doesn't auto update? also how recent did you get it, because he told me software wouldnt work well with outdated tuner
I bought my tunes around Sept. I (think) I started the software, updated it (or checked for updates) and turned off auto update to the tuner, all before I plugged the tuner to the computer.
Don't forget to save your stock file to your computer.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ok, so basically when I get the tune In the email, I do that and then connect the tuner and upload the tune with the internet off?
What year is your truck?
My truck is an 06. You'll need to move the file from the email to a folder on your computer, then it gets moved to the app, then to the tuner, then the truck. Once you have your stock file loaded to the tuner you can back it up to your computer, using the app software.
You can turn the internet off once the file is downloaded to the computer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, im going to purchase the tunes tomorrow morning and ill tell you guys how it went, im going to get the street/tow. Im not sure I want the looney even though im studded.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Okay, im going to purchase the tunes tomorrow morning and ill tell you guys how it went, im going to get the street/tow. Im not sure I want the looney even though im studded.
I bought the Looney and street. The Looney is really smooth and doesn't seem as powerful as the canned tunes. I'd do Looney /tow. I'm running the street tune right now, it's ok, but the Looney is better, and afaict gets better mileage.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Most times the hottest tune from tuners is the one that runs the best, gets best mileage (if you stay out of it), and is all around good. I really wish tuners would just offer a 2 pack of tunes since about all you need is tow and not tow most of the time. I never ran that particular tuner but after ordering tunes from my 3rd tuner after changing things and just wanting to try different ones I just ordered their hot tune and a tow tune.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
so the looney is closer to the performance and street is a little more than the canned street? Ive seen videos and the looney seems to hot/smokey
Yes, but not as "wild" feeling as the canned tunes. I'd say, the street tune is as close to stock as you can be after doing some mods, like upgrading the exhaust.
It's best not to tow with the "non tow" tunes, but a street tune can pull lighter loads (under 4k I think). Tow tunes are for towing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im running the canned street, and honestly its not hot at all I think at a wot most ive hit was 900? doesn't smoke anything unless from a full stop. Hopefully with the custom street I can get better shifting and a little more oomph.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts