Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Recently picked up a 2000 F-250. Remained stock until about 215K miles. All maintence records on file.
Details below:
-218K miles
-7.3 - fordged rods
-4R100 - no work, just maintenence

Done under 3000 miles before purchase:
-GTP38R
-120/15 injectors - industrial
  • Edge CTS2 Evolution
  • S&B intake
  • Bellowed up pipes
  • 4 inch exhaust
  • Bilsteins 5100s
  • new front end
  • new brakes
  • new BFG allterrains - stock size
This is my third 7.3, my '99 is our work truck, (stock), and has 450K+ miles on it, sold my 2002, (PHP and all the crap to make it work), last year. I have never owned a truck with bigger injectors and turbo to require some custom tunes and the Edge tunes have to go.

My question is, does anyone know any Colorado tuners that can live tune or is my best bet to contact Swamps or PHP to have them write me some.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Neil

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Welcome to the org. Personally I would avoid SWAMPS they have some legal stuff going on. PHP is also not doing orders they only provide support to vendors now. I would reach out to @[email protected] a vetted vendor and order custom tunes from him. not familiar with live tuners in CO but check out the regional section in the forum and im sure you'll find someone.

I would also highly gearhead auto, sdk performance and jellibuilt performance. Personally i'll never recommend 1023 diesel and fleet after the fiasco Dusty put me through.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Also jellibuilt(sp?)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoryCash

·
Hate stupid people
8,511 Posts
I've been out of the 7.3 game a little bit. but are 120/15 injectors an actual upgrade vs stock injector? seems to be stepping backwards for less cc volume?
Hey guys,
Recently picked up a 2000 F-250. Remained stock until about 215K miles. All maintence records on file.
Details below:
-218K miles
-7.3 - fordged rods
-4R100 - no work, just maintenence

Done under 3000 miles before purchase:
-GTP38R
-120/15 injectors - industrial
  • Edge CTS2 Evolution
  • S&B intake
  • Bellowed up pipes
  • 4 inch exhaust
  • Bilsteins 5100s
  • new front end
  • new brakes
  • new BFG allterrains - stock size
This is my third 7.3, my '99 is our work truck, (stock), and has 450K+ miles on it, sold my 2002, (PHP and all the crap to make it work), last year. I have never owned a truck with bigger injectors and turbo to require some custom tunes and the Edge tunes have to go.

My question is, does anyone know any Colorado tuners that can live tune or is my best bet to contact Swamps or PHP to have them write me some.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Neil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You arent the first person to say that. The industrial site says they are good for a 50-60 HP gain over stock. Wish the previous owner would have at least gone 160s.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Gearhead Automotive has been tuning 7.3s for a long time and they still have great tunes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts