Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what happened but every setting on my chip is running way too hot and shifting like $hit and smoking all kinds. i took it out and my truck is fine...just slow lol. it is a TS chip with a TW reburn. any ideas?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Has it always done this or just started?

Could be a bad connection on the switch or the chip its self.

Pull it and reinstall it and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
You need to get youre truck on a scanner and do some test.
Did you bump or pull the wire at all did you get any water in the PCM. Pull the PCM and check it fo any water damage some trucks will leak. Is there notacible diferance switching from tune to tune.

A chip will make a problem with the truck more noticable than it will be in stock form. There realy isnr much to go wrong on a chip unless it gets shorted out or pulled while the key is on.

W

·
0 Posts
talk to tony after you try what was said above... might need to put a pressure gauge on the trans to see what the line pressures are... the truck may have a shift kit or different VB in it...

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I don't know what happened but every setting on my chip is running way too hot and shifting like $hit and smoking all kinds. i took it out and my truck is fine...just slow lol. it is a TS chip with a TW reburn. any ideas?
Is there any difference in the settings when you switch the positions or do they all feel/act the same?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Is there any difference in the settings when you switch the positions or do they all feel/act the same?
I don't see how this would find out the problem or not.

My chip feels the same in every setting up till 1/2 throttle then there is more fuel. When you just switch through them you can tell at all.

But my question is do you have a high idle or something to try and see if the chip is really switching positions?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

My chip feels the same in every setting up till 1/2 throttle then there is more fuel. When you just switch through them you can tell at all.

But my question is do you have a high idle or something to try and see if the chip is really switching positions?
Since you dont have a TW you probably dont know. But there is a noticable differance between tunes. :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts

Thats the reason I asked. Makes senses doesn't it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been running it for a while now with no problems. the terminals are clean and clear. every setting runs exactly the same: low power, lots of smoke, shifting hard, gets hot real fast. I think it is over fueling to the max. i took it out and the truck is running fine with out any codes or issues. I do not have any mods on my tranny either. has anyone had this issue before? Have your ever seen something like this happening tony? thanks for your quick help by the way man i appreciate it a lot

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
I've been running it for a while now with no problems. the terminals are clean and clear. every setting runs exactly the same: low power, lots of smoke, shifting hard, gets hot real fast. I think it is over fueling to the max. i took it out and the truck is running fine with out any codes or issues. I do not have any mods on my tranny either. has anyone had this issue before? Have your ever seen something like this happening tony? thanks for your quick help by the way man i appreciate it a lot
so it's always done it?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so it's always done it?
No. Problem just started (sorry for not specifying) the chip has run great with no issues at all. All tunes used to work great and have no issues or glitches. No high idle setting (which i wish it had)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a problem where I would smoke extremely bad right when I start out with no power and alternating idle while chipped (Different chip) but if i set the chip to stock I was fine. I pulled out the ICP sensor and cleaned off the oil and it cleared up. Prolly not the same thing but worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a problem where I would smoke extremely bad right when I start out with no power and alternating idle while chipped (Different chip) but if i set the chip to stock I was fine. I pulled out the ICP sensor and cleaned off the oil and it cleared up. Prolly not the same thing but worth a shot.
thank you for your input. i'll give that a try and see if anything clears up. thanks again

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
maybe something is happenening to your ICP sensor. The symptoms you dercribe sound associated with the resistor mod. It screws your trans up ans throws the trans out of whack.

pull the plug off of the ICP sensor and see if theres any oil in it. cant hurt anything

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe something is happenening to your ICP sensor. The symptoms you dercribe sound associated with the resistor mod. It screws your trans up ans throws the trans out of whack.

pull the plug off of the ICP sensor and see if theres any oil in it. cant hurt anything
So i pulled the icp and everything is clean. like i said, the truck runs fine with the chip out, so i'm thinking that my chip fried itself or my truck fried it for me. oh well. I don't have the money to buy a new chip so looks like i'll be running N/A for a little while lol. thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
So i pulled the icp and everything is clean. like i said, the truck runs fine with the chip .N/A for a little while lol. thanks for your help guys
Wait a minute!!! You spent money on tunes and you are just going to give up? No I bet ther is somthing with yo truck. Get it on a scanner have them check every thing. OH by the way i had Icp trouble and it did not show up as a code or on a scan I stumbled upon it. Reaplaced good as new.:nod:

·
Registered
306 Posts
If it's a TW chip can't you just send it back to him and have him check it out? He has lifetime reburns on his chips right?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it's a TW chip can't you just send it back to him and have him check it out? He has lifetime reburns on his chips right?
Does it? i didn't buy it directly from him, i bought it from a person on the site a while back.

If it was an issue with my truck don't you think the symptoms would show up without the chip?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Ok, sounds like the switch may have went bad, pull the chip and switch and send it to me and I will check it out for you, the lifetime reburns only apply to the person who purchases the chip from me or a dealer.

If the chip was fried, then the truck wouldn't run with it on the pcm. Prolly just the switch.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, sounds like the switch may have went bad, pull the chip and switch and send it to me and I will check it out for you, the lifetime reburns only apply to the person who purchases the chip from me or a dealer.

If the chip was fried, then the truck wouldn't run with it on the pcm. Prolly just the switch.
okay cool. there is no point in wasting your time sending it to you then because i did not purchase it directly from you. but thank you anyways.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts