Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at tuners for my 2006 f350 it's a crew cab short bed with 140,000 miles I am going to address the egr soon but I wanted to get an opinion on tuners I like the edge with the full gauges and the black max for the same reason has anyone run either one ? And I know the sct is the most popular but I just wanted to know if anyone else had run the black maxx or the edge cts with attitude and what they're thoughts are on it

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Are the custom SCT tunes that much better than H&S?
Just curious because a friend of mine has the H&S and seems to like it.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Because you can tune every aspect of how your engine and transmission run. H&S and Edge and all the rest run Canned tunes. (GENERIC tunes that you can run on any truck) Custom tunes are the best thing for your truck.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Yes you can use the edge insight for gauges get the sct sf3 with custom tunes and the insight for gauges. Jmo

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Please do yourself a favor and stay away from any generic or "canned" tunes for your 6.0. You have a lot to learn about this engine and this forum is a great place to start. Just keep on reading on here until your eyes bleed :hehe:

But seriously...Custom SCT Tuning is the only way to safely add power on a 6.0. The stratagies on the trucks differ from year to year and some 1/2 years. All custom tuning is based on a specific stratagy, where as Bully, Superchips, Edge, etc. can program often many different year models. Due to this they only tune certain parameters and don't go overboard on power, timing, etc. With custom tuning the tuner can be more specific on the engine and also tune the tranny as well. With 6.0 custom tuning their are actually more tranny parameters changed than engine parameters.

As for monitoring, get yourself an Edge Insight CTS. I would mess around with anything else. I've tired them all...ScanGuageII, DashBoss and the CTS is the way to go. And make sure you get gauges and check the health of your engine BEFORE you start tuning :thumb:

Here are a few great threads to start you off with...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/259257-write-up-monitoring-6-0l-psd.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts