Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm debating whether or not to buy a tuner/programmer. The only reason I want one is because my xlt did not come with the LCD info center in the gauge cluster. I want to be able to monitor all of the parameters that the LCD display has, trans temp, ect, egt, etc, and be able to monitor my regens and soot levels. I don't really want to use any of the performance tunes just yet bc I want to keep my warranty until it runs out. I've been looking at the edge CTS, had one on my 150 and liked it, but I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions? Also, will it void any part of the warranty if I just hook the programmer up for monitoring purposes and not change any of the settings or install tunes?

- Bubba

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you plan on tuning eventually I'd get a h&s mini max and just use it as a monitor until your ready to tune. H&s will eventually release their mcc for the 6.7. It's basically efi live.

Mcc is a program that allows the end user to fully customize/build their own custom tunes.

Spartan has a better monitor in the dashdaq, but they don't offer any tuning that will resemble the mcc.

Both offer excellent tuning, but I'd go h&s solely for the mcc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
And don't forget the H&S has shift on the fly tuning....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next question. I dont really care for suction cup mounts, but I may have to live with it. Does anyone make a pillar pod or an over the rear view mirror mount? For some reason I thought I herd about one.

- Bubba

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didn't think I would like the suction cup either, but I have grown to like it. I was talked out of the hard mount by the salesman whom sold me the minimaxx, exhaust, and delete kit.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When I had my 6.4 I used the suction cup mount and put it over my rpm gauge on my instrument cluster. I could still see my rpms if they got above 2500. I liked it there because no one knew it was there

·
Registered
181 Posts
So if a buy a mini black would it be upgradable to this mcc u are talking about? Or is it a totally different tuner

·
Registered
30 Posts
Blendmount is the name of the over-the-rearview mirror mounting solution. I have it, and it is awesome!

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's a program you load on your computer that you can use on any h&s tuner.
Ok after ur reply I bought a mini max , it's installed , so far I haven't set on over the mild tune, man what a difference , can't wait to mess with mcc, oh by the way the xt pro won't be able to do mcc

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ok after ur reply I bought a mini max , it's installed , so far I haven't set on over the mild tune, man what a difference , can't wait to mess with mcc, oh by the way the xt pro won't be able to do mcc
Glad your enjoying it:thumb:

I didn't know the xrt couldn't be used with the mcc. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man! This thing is the bomb, I love it, now I see why u guys break these trucks I can't stop smiling when I press the throttle , I am still in the mild Tune , I am afraid I might break it if I go to the hot tune!!! Worth every cent I paid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts