Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got about 15000 on my truck now and like i said its an 08 6spd im curious if i should go with like an edge evolution or juice or if i should go with a sct and delete pipe. and i was wondering if any of these are available for the 6spd. any input would be great guys. thanks

Drew

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I got about 15000 on my truck now and like i said its an 08 6spd im curious if i should go with like an edge evolution or juice or if i should go with a sct and delete pipe. and i was wondering if any of these are available for the 6spd. any input would be great guys. thanks

Drew
Drew,

Go with the DPF delete tuners....... Don't spend $$ on the tuners that do not have the DPF delete. They will plug up your DPF and cost HUGE $$!

I have waisted money on the non DPF tuners...... and my filter is plugged up!

Mike

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've had the SCT LiveWire with my 6-speed for 30,000 miles, and 4,000 now with the DPF delete.

Go with the DPF delete. Better mileage and awesome sound when you hit the clutch.

·
Registered
450 Posts
correct the sct DPF delete will work fine for the 6sp, let me know are running some killer deals right now on the DPF delete stuff.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my next question is how do i go about gettin a pipe do i make it myself or can i buy one

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
well my next question is how do i go about gettin a pipe do i make it myself or can i buy one
All depends.....if you think you can save some dough then go ahead, but I can tell ya it will be a pain with that flange......thats where the easy of the pre-fab DPF delete pipe comes into play

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you purchased yours from KEM didnt you. but i heard that they are no longer in business. my other option is a buddy of mine got a job with a place in louisville that gets the 6.4 direct from the factory and they strip all the emissions crap off of them to send them to different countrys so im kinda holdin out to see what he can offer me. if he can atleast get me some kind of exhaust for a diecent price i can get the tuning easily

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
We have sold a bunch of the SCT systems. Talked to Matt today and the Spartan stuff will be shipping tomorrow or thursday to us. I have 5 of them coming with the pipes for the local ford dealership. A bolt in cat delete will be a week or so. If the SPartan system performs like it should, I may trade the 05 in soon.

·
Registered
445 Posts
We have sold a bunch of the SCT systems. Talked to Matt today and the Spartan stuff will be shipping tomorrow or thursday to us. I have 5 of them coming with the pipes for the local ford dealership. A bolt in cat delete will be a week or so. If the SPartan system performs like it should, I may trade the 05 in soon.
It must have been right after I got off the phone with him. I heard things today that I'm not at liberty to say, but man I cant wait to see what Spartan is gunna release.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Kyle anything about anyone making down pipes anytime soon?
nope nothing yet, i doubt they will b/c the EPA has been cracking down big time on the manufactures lately.

and i'd just get the prefabbed one, cause like already said that flange is a pain is you don't have the materials to make it yourself.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So since I hollowed out my cat, what other restrictions do I still have??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts