Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the forum. First post. Been reading alot of threads. Helped me on alot of suff. I'll make this short for you. Bought my 2014 f250 in October. New a guy who had tunes for them. Did the full delete without removing egr. Truck ran great. I decided month ago to remove egr and replace hot and cold side pipes. Now I want to get a tuner and more custom tunes with sotf. I've read alot about ezlynk and the sctgtx. Now my questions is. At my own stupidity I don't know what tune the guy put on my truck. I can no longer get ahold of said guy. Will new tunes screw with what I have now. And is what I have possibly considered stock setting now? Appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
969 Posts
New tunes will overwrite your current tune. If you don't have a tuner, your stock tune is lost forever. Not that big of a deal unless you want to return to stock.

If you were wanting tunes off the net, anybody who's anybody has been introduced to the lovely boot of the EPA and been strangled out of business. Your only hope is a local tuner, and if you find one don't get on the net and spread their name around the net, lest they meet the same fate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Definitely dont want stock back. Truck runs awesome just wanted more options with it. So are places like no limit and alligator out of the question for tunes

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
969 Posts
Thank you. Definitely dont want stock back. Truck runs awesome just wanted more options with it. So are places like no limit and alligator out of the question for tunes
Yep. There is still a source for delete tunes on the net. I'm not convinced it's not a honeypot, and I'm not being a dck, but I'm not linking it. To be honest, I wouldn't put them on my truck, because there's not really info on the tunes. Who knows who writes them, if they know what they are doing, or if there is any kind of support after purchase. Any big name tuner who did deletes are gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on. I'll do some research around my neck of the woods. See if I can find someone. Thanks for help

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
969 Posts
Right on. I'll do some research around my neck of the woods. See if I can find someone. Thanks for help
Yes sir. Do what I can. A local tune will be what you want nowadays. That way, you’ll have support after the sale, and chances are, a competent mechanic in times of need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts