Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I am currently in the market for a tune for my '11 6.7 Powerstroke. After doing research I found that the custom tunes are much better than canned tunes on my SCT X4. So my question is, what do y'all recommend for a reliable daily driver tune that adds a little horsepower/torque? I'm running a 5'' Flo-Pro DP-back and EGR delete, everything else is stock. I'm not looking for anything competitive or unsafe just a tune that will add between 50-100 hp while keeping the rest stock.

Tyrant's "Street" Tune caught my interest, but there's also a guy named Cale who's gained a reputation for his tunes as well. I'm just looking for expert opinion to see if these options are the routes to go or if there are better options.

Administrator

Premium Member
Tyrant all the way. Ran GH tunes for a while, and while they definitely were not terrible (and apparently I got better service than most) the Tyrant ones got rid of a lot of the 'blow-dryer' sound and definitely quickened response. Mine is a daily driver and gets about 60-80 miles a day in regular service. Love Tyrant so far.

Registered
Tyrant all the way. Ran GH tunes for a while, and while they definitely were not terrible (and apparently I got better service than most) the Tyrant ones got rid of a lot of the 'blow-dryer' sound and definitely quickened response. Mine is a daily driver and gets about 60-80 miles a day in regular service. Love Tyrant so far.
What he said. Also Tryant Diesels tunes are done by Cale.

Registered
I'll go ahead and vouch for Tyrant as well. I run the street tune daily and I absolutely love it. Do it, you won't regret it at all.

Registered
I run GH on mine and have never had an issue. Not knocking Tyrant as I have never run them and would love to pick up a set one day $$ permitting. I really think it's about the truck as I've seen conversations that sometimes a truck just does not take a tune well. I would say as long as you stay with the big names your safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.