Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Innovative tunes (street & tow) are three years old now and were written for my EGR block off. I just removed the block off and put a BulletProofDiesel EGR cooler on. I also will have my FICM back this week with an Atlas 40 tune.

I'm assuming now is a good time to change tunes so the EGR functions normally and because I can only assume the guy writing the tunes gets more experienced over time so the tunes should be better 3 years later.

Do tunes need to be written specifically to work with the Atlas 40? I thought I read in one thread that with a tuned FICM I actually will have more freedom for tunes and can now run any strategy. Is that right?

So whose tunes should I be looking at? Strategies? I need a well mannered street tune and a heavy tow tune (13k toy hauler).

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I too have a bulletproof diesel egr cooler and still have them close the egr valve. I just don't want to be burning exhaust plain simple. Plus of rather keep my intake clean since they cleaned it when they did the studs and cooler

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Truck source diesel!!
Mild panty dropper if your not studded, super if you are studded. Chris is an awesome guy to deal with. His tunes run cleaner and cooler than anyone else's on my truck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too have a bulletproof diesel egr cooler and still have them close the egr valve. I just don't want to be burning exhaust plain simple. Plus of rather keep my intake clean since they cleaned it when they did the studs and cooler
I didn't consider that, thanks.

Truck source diesel!!
Mild panty dropper if your not studded, super if you are studded. Chris is an awesome guy to deal with. His tunes run cleaner and cooler than anyone else's on my truck.
Who is "Anyone else's"? How many tunes have you compared?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When I bought it, it had gear head, innovative, and Vivian's tunes.

Vivian's tunes run about the same egt and smoke wise, but don't pull as hard down low.

Innovative, gh, and tsd feel about the same on the butt Dyno, but SPD has a smoother, more linear pull, where the others have a light switch feel.

SPDs also run consistently 100* cooler on interstate cruising.

All of them are good tunes, but personally I prefer the SPD. keep in mind different statagys, mods, elevation, etc effect how a truck responds to a tune.

Good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a BPD egr cooler and even replaced my valve and I have my tunes from Eric with the egr disabled. But if I need a functioning egr system I can drop back to stock or the stock power file with egr for a powermax that I had Eric build me. I also have the stock power file with EGR disabled for a powermax that I use depending on what I'm towing. 90% of the time I use Erics Aggressive street tune built on a vxcf9nz. It has throttle response almost of the extreme street but with street maners of the standard street file and it's good for 7500lbs towing safe. Also I use Eric's Moderate FICM tune (40hp) with all my files.

another question is your truck a MAF based truck?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another question is your truck a MAF based truck?
Yes, I think so. To remove my air box I have a long flat connector to unplug, so I'm guessing thats the MAF.

What do the trucks that don't have a MAF use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts