Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck wont crank over now. new batteries and new starter. heres what happened:

I started my truck up the other day to get it warm to change the oil. while i was changing the oil, I charged both batteries which are only 3 months old to begin with. Got done with the oil change and fired the truck up. it hesitated before it even started to crank. like a 1 second delay from when i turned the key to it actually cranking. so the next day i went to start the truck and when i turned the key, all i get is a click. I go out and hit the starter with a hammer and it fires up. so I take my starter into autozone, they check it and say its still good (they ended up giving me a new one under warranty anyways cuz i explained to the guy what its doing) So I get home and I put the new starter in and still all it does is make a click when I try and start it. Any ideas???? Starter solenoid on the fender maybe???? I tried jumping it with a screwdriver the positive post to a ground on the truck and it sparked. so I'm assuming it has power

1 - 1 of 1 Posts