Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 ford f250 4x4 CCSB and I wanted I bought a 3.5" leveling kit for it basically just an extra leaf spring pack to put under the existing leaf springs I believe i can also take some of them out to adjust the amount of "lift", i also bought adjustable camber bushing to get it aligned, the truck is getting all new tie rods up front and ball joints and shocks. I My question is can i run stock length shocks with the leveling kit since the shock mount is above the leaf springs? As the "lifting" will be after the shock? Any help i will appreciate. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
U.S. Army 68 - 71
237 Posts
Anything above 2 " will require new shock lengths, you probably need new shocks anyway. Have you ridden in a lifted truck to get a feel for how they ride lifted? Some people don't like the harsher rode feel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything above 2 " will require new shock lengths, you probably need new shocks anyway. Have you ridden in a lifted truck to get a feel for how they ride lifted? Some people don't like the harsher rode feel.

I have once before, I have already purchased the stock sized shock, so I will probably just keep it a 2". As the leveling its is really just to get some more clearance for the snow plow mount.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have once before, I have already purchased the stock sized shock, so I will probably just keep it a 2". As the leveling its is really just to get some more clearance for the snow plow mount.

You can lift it as high as you want stacking leafs under the top leaf and still use the stock shocks. The lower shock mount is bolted to the top leaf. So the distance between shock mounts will never change unless you change leaf arch or drop the leaf mounts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can lift it as high as you want stacking leafs under the top leaf and still use the stock shocks. The lower shock mount is bolted to the top leaf. So the distance between shock mounts will never change unless you change leaf arch or drop the leaf mounts.

That what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Thank you I really appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts