Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from the light switch power effect of the Xtremem street tune from Eric, I wanted more linear power. Ordered the SPD from chris two days ago now that the truck is studded and has ID FICM Mild tune. I'm not going to right a review.. Just going to say OMFG!!! How do these trucks not come from the factory like this???

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Coming from the light switch power effect of the Xtremem street tune from Eric, I wanted more linear power. Ordered the SPD from chris two days ago now that the truck is studded and has ID FICM Mild tune. I'm not going to right a review.. Just going to say OMFG!!! How do these trucks not come from the factory like this???
Because people tow like morons and they would melt their trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping the answer wouldn't be that brutal but true none the less. I just can't believe how smooth the power is and how much power there is!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It is simply amazing how much power the SPD brings out in these trucks ain't it!? I love mine. Glad you like it man. Now go blow the doors off a Durajunk or a Cumm-apart!!

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an 06 mega cab with a smarty and no competition... I sold it to my buddy when i bought my Ford and i can walk away from his truck like it isn't even moving. The power of this thing is amazing and I love how well the trans keeps it in the powerband. Always felt like i was lugging and over-revving my cummins. THis one always feels awesome.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Did you try the ID FICM tune with Extreme Street?

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, ran that for a couple months. truck was a monster but the power wasn't linear. It was a lot of power but I didn't like the shifting with my ID tunes... The SPD shifting is spot on!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, ran that for a couple months. truck was a monster but the power wasn't linear. It was a lot of power but I didn't like the shifting with my ID tunes... The SPD shifting is spot on!
Did you get the early TC lock or late? I'm thinking late so I won't smoke out traffic going up a hill at 45 and lugging it down.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Did you get the early TC lock or late? I'm thinking late so I won't smoke out traffic going up a hill at 45 and lugging it down.

That is why I stopped using Matt's tunes and went with Eric's tunes... I like the later TC lockup that Eric uses:nod:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Worth the time and wait .

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Just looked at their website - uhhhhh - how do you order tunes?
phone call. email probably isn't most efficient way.

I didn't know what the "light switch" effect was until I tried spd and it didn't have it. Freaking tune hauls the mail.

·
Registered
371 Posts
although ive ran both, the SPD is def a quick tune. But your also comparing a race tune and a street tune lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the SPD with el and I feel like it makes my tranny almost JUMP through the gears and hard. I'm not sure that I'm very happy with the shifting

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
just loaded mine last night and i got both early and late lock. so far its amazing to drive. shifts completley different then matts file.

did get it stuck in 5th around 50 mph and it didnt want to downshift before i realized it and laid a decent cloud. (late and empty hwy) only have one night on it so far

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My SPD tune is based on the VXCF4 strat. it was my understanding when talking to chris that this is the only strat that he bases his tunes off of..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts