Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a late 99 that I put a six pos chip in and am having some problems. Only other mod is 4" exhaust. First problem is the high idle. I'm thinking it is higher than it is supposed to be. It jumps up to about 2200 rpms? Second is on the stock tune the truck feels like it barely has any power. I have been running it on the 100 hp tune on a regular basis. The chip also has the generic tunes on it. I have not contacted ts yet just seeeing if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Are the tunes on the chip the correct ones for your pcm code?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
778 Posts
There should have been a piece of paper that came with your chip that said your PCM code on it, and it should match the one on the PCM itself. For example, mine is VDH5.

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Yep, they should have asked for your pcm code....not all manual trans pcm codes will be the same. I bet that's your problem. Did you get the contracts cleaned well when you installed the chip the first time?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck had a chip in it previously so the contacts had already been cleaned. I actually worried a little they had cleaned them a little too much but from what ive read if there is a contact problem it will either run or it won't. I think I may have thrown away the paper that came with the chip I'll see if I can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts