Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1999 f350 7.3l with a TS performance six position chip installed. When I select high idle or 140 hp positions the truck dies (loss of fuel I believe). I emailed TS performance they said most likely a problem with the truck since all other modes work normal. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and can help out. Thanks, Ken

·
Hate stupid people
8,517 Posts
only does it on the "140" setting and no other settings?
can you start it on the 140 ?
what codes do you get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It dies most of the time at high idle position. Will start, No Codes. Dies all the time at 140hp setting. will not start in this setting. codes are p0220, p0603, p0605, p0703, p1280 and p1393.

·
Hate stupid people
8,517 Posts
and I assume you've pulled the chip and tried to start it again to show that the truck acts just fine without it. then you put the chip on and it causes the above problems?

And I assume you've looked up those codes already and seen what they all are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes sir, the truck works great without the chip. I've looked up the codes just not what path to take since it works great. I'm leaning toward the injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a TS 6 position chip in my 01 F 250. It would not shift out of 2nd gear. Pulled the chip, and it still will not shift past 2nd gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts