Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if TS Performance is going to have their drag racing and truck pull event in may this year and know when it will be? Any info yet?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes they are having it. It's Friday-Saturday May 7-8. Drag race is still at Beech Bend Raceway, but they are moving the truck pulls to a different location to be able to handle the large crowd. They are having races and pulls both days.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I will have to plan for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'll hopefully be there. The wife doesn't want to go after all the stupidity last year :doh:
They've made some big changes for next year. There will be more police and securtiy at all the events and out on the roads. There will be a no tolerence policy so it shouldn't be as bad. Dennis has spent a lot of time and effort with the city and event venue's to make it more family friendly.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just curious,.....what happened last year? I grew up about 2hrs from there,never went, but would like to this year.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
They've made some big changes for next year. There will be more police and securtiy at all the events and out on the roads. There will be a no tolerence policy so it shouldn't be as bad. Dennis has spent a lot of time and effort with the city and event venue's to make it more family friendly.
Definitely glad to hear that :nod:

Just curious,.....what happened last year? I grew up about 2hrs from there,never went, but would like to this year.
People were acting like complete idiots. That pretty much sums it up :nod:

·
back in the saddle
9,476 Posts
I've been there the last 2 years. Unfortunately I won't be making it back this spring. After last year traveling 9 hours back home on Mother's day I promised the wife I wouldn't miss it again. The Sunday after the event is once again Mother's day... So I'm out.

I'm sure they'll have it running smooth this year after all the crap they went through in '09. The only thing they won't be able to count on is the weather, which also wreaked havoc on the event last year. The douchebags that caused all the trouble were just what pushed it over the edge.

Also I moved this thread to the National Events forum... :thumb:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I will be there this year! I already got it planned.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yea the same happened where i live, the scheid diesel event has been moved to effingham IL because of the drunk under age idiots. my wife was scared to go to that part of town during the event. i go to some bike events, and they even keep it contained in the event grounds, but know under 18 can enter either.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
ill be there again this year for sure...even though last year some idiots ruined it i still had a GREAT time

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts