Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 stroker with ts chip and have a problem with it working on the highest power level i think it is 150 hp. Its bogging down like its de fueling and it will not get up and go. like it starving for fuel, all other levels work fine. suggestions?

·
Registered
623 Posts
your hpop might not be able to keep up with it

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a TS chip before I did my stage 1's and it did something similar to what you are describing and ran sluggishly. I honestly think the ts tunes just aren't that great on our trucks. They are an off-the-shelf product which seem to be tuned more for the newer 7.3's. My suggestion would be to send it in and get it reburned with tw tunes, you won't be disappointed. The throttle response and overall performance is awsome.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
ditch the TS tunes go with Tony Wildman. I had ts tunes and my HPOP and it didnt like each other. It ran dogish on the high levels. Low it was fine but still didnt shift well. Went with tony Wildman tunes and it was night and day difference. It runs great now even in level 6 which is 120ish/extreme, dont smoke like an edge evolution but itll get up and boggy for a 232k 7.3 with stock injectors and hpop. Good luck and Cheers with the OBS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts