Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, whats up fellow Ford 7.3Liter Diesel owners.
I heard alot of good news about the TS PERFORMANCE CHIP. I looked all over the internet and Its lowest Price is $384. I found it on ebay for $255, a pretty big difference with free delivery. I want to buy today from this guy, he says he is a AUTHORIZED TS DEALER FOR OVER 2 YEARS. Not to many bad remarks. What do you guys think, is this guy reputable. Anyone here purchased TS perfomance chips from this guy. Other people in feedback have bought chips from him and no complaints.

Here is the link. Only 4 chips left. :ford:

eBay Motors: TS PERFORMANCE CHIP 94-03 FORD POWERSTROKE 7.3 DIESEL (item 330231024845 end time May-01-08 06:52:37 PDT)

Ps. If interested save me one.:doh:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Says the listing is unavailable, my guess for the low price is that that is just the price for the chip and it is probably like 40 bucks or something like that for each additional tune you want to put on. Is that 384 the price for a 6 position becuase if it is that is a pretty good price.

The TS chip is a great chip and really woke my truck up I am planning on getting it reburnt with some TW tunes so you might want to consider doing that as well. Its 425 for a 4 position TW chip. [email protected] can hook you up with one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I bought mine off of flee bay. Just be cautious about it. You will NOT get warentee coverage from ebay sales through the factory.

I sent my chip out and had Tony put tunes on it anyway(caned tunes suck). After that I learned that it is usually cheaper and safer to go through him or anouther reputable dealer.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
DP-Tuner.com

forget that TS stuff, been there done that, DP is better IMO

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yes it is definitely safer plus if you get a Tony Wildman chip you get unlimited reburns on the chip and great customer service. I havent even sent mine in yet to be reburned and between Tony and Raul Ive gotten great help with all the questions I have about the chip

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Rauuuuullllllllllll......................

Call Raul and have him hook you up with a new TW chip. I would not buy through Ebay with the added benefits of getting one from Raul.

Benefits:
1-Raul is a sponsor of this awesome site
2-With the TW chip from Raul, you get lifetime re-burns
3-You get a guarantee it will work

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i bought my chip from him, excellent chip just gotta get it with the custom tunes! i like my 245.00 chip and it is straight from TS

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
i bought my chip from him, excellent chip just gotta get it with the custom tunes! i like my 245.00 chip and it is straight from TS
If you ever mod your truck, do it all at once or you will be spending more money than if you bought it from the man the first time. Gotta think long term when it comes to your truck.

Plus, I point out again, TS is not a sponsor of this site. If you guys don't support out sponsors they will not support the site and then what? Just trying to make everyone think a little today.

Keep Strokin'

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Buy a DP ot TW the first time and be done with it.I have seen to many people on here sending a TS off to get redone :doh: to believe you will be happy with it in the long run.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If you ever mod your truck, do it all at once or you will be spending more money than if you bought it from the man the first time. Gotta think long term when it comes to your truck.

Plus, I point out again, TS is not a sponsor of this site. If you guys don't support out sponsors they will not support the site and then what? Just trying to make everyone think a little today.

Keep Strokin'

#1 i was NOT trying to buy a tuner from a non sponsor, however i wanted a good tuner that didnt cost me over 400 to get set up.

#2 the TS chip is a good chip and the power and performance are GREAT

#3 i hope the sponsors support this site forever, however if i try to find a good buy (seein as im poor as dirt) and its not from a sponsor im gonna take the best price for what the product does.

i plan on modding the sh** outa my truck there will be plenty of opprutunities for me to support the sponsors

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would have got a TW chip my first time around but unfortunately I got the TS chip before joining the forum so I had no idea about the TW chip, I definitely would have got one the first time around if I had known

·
Registered
360 Posts
DP Tuner with the Gauge switch FTW!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bought my chip from that same guy, he takes offer as low as $210 shipped and as said it is straight from TS. But my chip is gettin' sent out ASAP to Tony for a reburn...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a ts chip and love it.
if you can get one at a good deal go for it..it wil certainly make you happy.

now after you have been fully bitten by the mod bug and the venom sets in and you have lots of mods planned then go for some custom tunes.

also alway contact the chip tuner/vendor to be sure a it works for your pcm
b the tunes are safe etc..ie if you get a smoking deal on an 03 stick pcm chip, then it would be usless for an early 99 auto, and you will be sending it somewhere to be reburned.

·
Registered
409 Posts
hey i baught my chip from the same guy i havent gotten it in the truck yet.. thinking bout doing it today

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Get a DP or TW and be done. If you dont and you go with TS or any other off the shelf stuff its gonna constantly bug you wondering how much better a custom chip is. Believe me its a big difference. Do yourself a favor, and get a TW or a DP the first time and you WILL be happy and it will be chaeper cuz its the last one you will ever want or need, and they can be customized if you upgrade things!:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
hey i baught my chip from the same guy i havent gotten it in the truck yet.. thinking bout doing it today
Hey, How soon are you gonna put it in your truck? Sure like to know if the performance is there like what it says. As it is a lot cheaper. I will wait, since I'm in no hurry, but getting 2 to 4 miles more gallon , I really want to get that started. hehe:icon_ford:

thanks for the reply,
BookemDano

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey, How soon are you gonna put it in your truck? Sure like to know if the performance is there like what it says. As it is a lot cheaper. I will wait, since I'm in no hurry, but getting 2 to 4 miles more gallon , I really want to get that started. hehe:icon_ford:

thanks for the reply,
BookemDano
Yes, running a chip is going to give you better economy. I actually get the best with mine on the extreme setting. If I milk it, I can get 20 MPG. But, being to much fun to stomp on it, I usually get anywher between 17 and 18 mpg.

But I had to have my Flee bay chip reprogrammed to achieve that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts