Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys. Like said above who still tunes for the TS Chip that has good tunes for a PMR truck. I'll be doing a 38R, 180/30s and a walbro pump with a sump. Just wondering who still does tuning for the TS.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Swamps, DP tuner, Gearhead, Tony Wildman, 1023, CNC fab, and probably a few more.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Also I would pass on the sump, and just do the pre pump mod, Driven Diesel has a good kit for that.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What would make you pass on the sump? I already have it so its to late now but i'm interested why you wouldn't

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Why not just install the PHP Hydra that way you can load custom tune's and not have too pull the chip all the time??

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not just install the PHP Hydra that way you can load custom tune's and not have too pull the chip all the time??
I already have the TS and its very simple to use i just want to know who is good with PMR tuning. I'm looking at GH because PHP dropped the platform about 1.5 years ago...

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
What would make you pass on the sump? I already have it so its to late now but i'm interested why you wouldn't
I never was a fan of sumps, it seems like they can get knocked off easily, and if you do the pre pump mod it will do just as good as a sump.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can understand the hesitation with that thought of it being knocked off and or leaking.
After I watched the Beans Diesel Sump video and the guy was whacking at it with a maul and it didn’t move or leak. For the type of driving that I do, I’d never experience anything like so. With that said, I have a Sump now and won’t have to deal with any in tank issues again other than a sender failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
The same tuners that tune the Hydra can tune the TS6.

As for the sump, if you have the skid plate there, it should not be an issue. May have to cut a hole or notch depending on your overall fuel system setup, but don't think it is too big of a deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts