Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal for my 6.0 is 500hp I know it will cost big.
Here is my plans so far Head Studs, GOGO diesel's stage 1 intake, ither 155cc or 175cc injectors(I don't tow offen but when I do tow it aroud 12,000lbs how fare can the 175's be turned down with tuning?), SCT touch screen xtream with costom tunes, either FASS or Air Dog II(what flow rating do I need?),Regulated Return Kit, methonal injection for EGT's,Banks Power Techni-Cooler Intercooler system. how close will that get me to 500hp?
whould thier be any benfit form haveing the head's ported and polished and or headers?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I would drop the intake, touch screen sct and the intercooler for a powermax and save for a tranny. But that's me. I hit 560hp with nothing more than 190s,powermax, s&b intake and ad2 165

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm hitting 531 with 175's, pmax, ad2 165,banks cooler, and live tuning. I would try a port and polish and headers instead of the gogo manifold for now. Or wait and save up, buy it all at once and live tune it. Outlaw headers and a gogo manifold are next for me. I hope you are not married because justifying this to the wife ain't fun.

06, how's the egt's with 190's? Heard they can get a little unruly with the pmax.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, so what kinda of EGT's whould I be looking at towing with 175's?
Already planed on getting a NAPD heavy hauler trans.
I'm getting married in september but I've already told her the plans for the truck so she know what she'll be geting into an she tinks the truck need more power too so she's a keeper.
I plan to save and do it all at once so that way I'm not looking and pay for labor time and time again.
If all goes well should be able to do it all including the trans by next fall.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
the biggest weight I have towed is 12k. I have a tow tune that never let the egt's get over 1100. From what i can tell, they can be turned down significantly.

With the race file I can hit 1400, but it takes around .75 miles of wot to do so. Normal driving is around 600 and cools down really quick before shutting the truck off. I noticed the banks ic helped cool her down faster than the stocker.

I will warn you that if you lug down the rpm's, the dodge boys will go home crying because you will look like a super stock sled puller going down the road. All the more reason for the wot fun to clean the turbo out.

I am a firm believer in doing everything at once so you are not throwing more money for updated tunes. And if you can swing it, find a reputable live tuner, it's expensive but makes all the difference. Plus, it's fun when everyone in the shop hears the first pull and thinks a race car was on the dyno.

And a tranny will definitley be needed. Sure would suck to be lettin' her stretch and hear the dreaded pop of doom.

Don't let that woman go whatever you do. Those are for sure few and far between.

06, you are very brave, I would have a stroke seeing that high egt's.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks kdogg that alot of the info I wanted.
also is 4" stright pipe that I already have all right for 500hp or should I move up 5"?

·
Registered
502 Posts
If your going to that power and need lower egt's i'd go 5in exhaust

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
that's what I have but the dp is still 4''. I look at it as your flow is only as good as the most restrictive part.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
You are probably going to be fine with the 4in exhaust. A 4in down pipe is the largest down pipe you can fit between the engine and firewall to my knowledge. A 5in will be slightly less restrictive than a 4in because while it will have a 4in dp once the gases enter the 5in portion they will flow easier out the rest of the tail pipe. In all reality the main difference between the two is for sound more than for performance. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I'm hitting 531 with 175's, pmax, ad2 165,banks cooler, and live tuning. I would try a port and polish and headers instead of the gogo manifold for now. Or wait and save up, buy it all at once and live tune it. Outlaw headers and a gogo manifold are next for me. I hope you are not married because justifying this to the wife ain't fun.

06, how's the egt's with 190's? Heard they can get a little unruly with the pmax.
The gogo ported manifold is a great addition. The intake is such a restriction I would definitely do that before messing around with ported heads. The back ports are so restricted it isn't funny.

·
Registered
138 Posts
AirRaid cold-air, Powermax Turbo, head studs, egr delete, 3.5" to 4" exhaust, still have a muffler and no filter, blue regulator spring, Innovative Tune, 120k miles adn 492 hp at the tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all, that wakt I was thinking thier whould be no way to get a 5" down pipe in there had to unbolt the pasenger front cab bolt and jack up the cab to get the 4" in there. ate thier any after market up-pipes? but I gussing larger up pipes whould = more turbo lag

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
These guys showed me a set that liberator makes. But $325 is steep for me. Mine were leaking and I went to a junkyard and got a whole other assembly for $50.

The 4'' dp, some have luck of it just sliding in, mine had to be tapped up with a 2x4 and hammer.

Pgreen, I know about the backs, it looks like peanut port bbc runners back there.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
AirRaid cold-air, Powermax Turbo, head studs, egr delete, 3.5" to 4" exhaust, still have a muffler and no filter, blue regulator spring, Innovative Tune, 120k miles adn 492 hp at the tires.
Are you saying you made 492hp on stock injectors?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Im not sure how accurate that is, I had a Mustang dyno technician dyno my truck with all of my mods in my sig, excluding the regulated return, and I made 434/651 with a 50% mix of water/meth, and on a road load brake...so I don't think thats correct..IMO

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil

Im not sure how accurate that is, I had a Mustang dyno technician dyno my truck with all of my mods in my sig, excluding the regulated return, and I made 434/651 with a 50% mix of water/meth, and on a road load brake...so I don't think thats correct..IMO
If it was a Mustang Dyno yes you will make more power on other dynos they usually read less.

Originally Posted by D3RACING

Yes, I also posted what shop did the work and who did the tune, your welcome to talk to any of them, since Aaron runs a 9.75 ET Powerstroke I don't think he has anything to gain by B.S.'ing a dyno number.

·
Registered
151 Posts
but its a true number because it is a road load..none of that free spin crap. It was a brand new MD-800

1 - 20 of 21 Posts