Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all can I do to make the most HP and torque in the IDI? At the moment I dont have much of a budget but Im planning on building it up over the next year or two. Im just looking for upgrades and all the posibilities to make my truck go faster and climb better.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
What kind of turbo? Basically either stock pump turned up, or a high performance pump, only two offered that I know of a DPS pump (I heard bad things about them, I would stear clear), and a moose pump. I hear they are pretty good. The guy who builds them also does custom moose injectors. If you want to know more about them pm me and I will give you a link to him.

Other than that not much. Propane helps a little bit. You can upgrade turbo housings for more boost. Intercooler, headstuds are a good start.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a stock turbo off a 91 that I got for free from a buddy 7 or 8 months ago he upgraded to a banks turbo setup. Im thinking about propane injection. thanks for the info

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
What kind of turbo is it exactly, what brand, non wastegated, wastegated?

How far is your pump turned up, and have you advanced the timing any?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its turned up about 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn.
as for the turbo I can check it later today and Ill get back to you on it.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
If thats all you have turned it up you can go a good bit more. I have mine turned up about one full turn, and its basically maxed out now, but the power is decent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts