Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting pissed. This is my 3rd attempt to do an introduction. Damnable computer rejected an off hit key and kicked me out the third try... One more try and if this doesn't work, then forget it.

I just bought a 2008 Ford F205 6.4 liter diesel. I am worried about the emission control systems that have destroyed the engines of others owners of this model truck. I love this big, powerful, high cab truck. I have a bad back and sitting upright in this truck feels like a doctor's order. Its a man's vehicle. But I worry over the destructive impacts the EGR and DPF have on the engine. My conundrum is should I spend $3000 to remove them or should I buy mechanic breakdown insurance to cover catastrophic destruction of my engine if the EGR cooler breaks down and destroys my engine costing me $15,000 to install a new engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some understand of engine internal workings but these new pollution control systems are difficult to understand. I sure do not want to pull $3000 out of my savings. Paying about $75 a month for breakdown insurance sounds more appealing. Want to do???

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I am getting pissed. This is my 3rd attempt to do an introduction. Damnable computer rejected an off hit key and kicked me out the third try... One more try and if this doesn't work, then forget it.

I just bought a 2008 Ford F205 6.4 liter diesel. I am worried about the emission control systems that have destroyed the engines of others owners of this model truck. I love this big, powerful, high cab truck. I have a bad back and sitting upright in this truck feels like a doctor's order. Its a man's vehicle. But I worry over the destructive impacts the EGR and DPF have on the engine. My conundrum is should I spend $3000 to remove them or should I buy mechanic breakdown insurance to cover catastrophic destruction of my engine if the EGR cooler breaks down and destroys my engine costing me $15,000 to install a new engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some understand of engine internal workings but these new pollution control systems are difficult to understand. I sure do not want to pull $3000 out of my savings. Paying about $75 a month for breakdown insurance sounds more appealing. Want to do???

Where do you live? Depends if they test diesels for emissions in your state or not. Have you read the sticky in tr 6.4 section about deletes, tuning, ECT?

Welcome by the way!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
:ORG welcome: Do some reading in the 6.4 section and you will come to your own conclusion.I`m sure you will end up deleting.If you get a warranty make sure you read though it well, usually they try to void you for the simplest reasons

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to respond but having trouble with this website. I am in South Carolina where we have no emissions testing. I do not understand many abbreviations such as tr 6.4. And others. I want to rid my new truck of these damaging emission control systems. But it is so darn expensive, $3000 by local diesel mechanic. Don't know if I should get mechanical breakdown insurance or have these things removed. Could I have the removal done in stages so that my savings is not so depleted in one action?

·
Super Moderator
19,655 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts