1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
We use the Stage 1 often. It's a great upgrade for a stock truck or mild set of injectors. You'll notice the most benefit with an upgraded fuel pump.

We use the Stage 2 on trucks with 185cc and larger injectors.

If you have any specific questions, feel free email, PM, or call. Thanks.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well trying to spend as lil as possible and injectors are going to have to wait. Im def. buying tunes from yall when I get it closer to finished. I dont want to keep buying tunes over and over again. Anyhow im going to run 2 stock fuel pumps. Been told thats a cheap alternative to FASS or one of those guys. What are your thoughts? I like to post questions out here incase some one else is wondering the same stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I've heard of people running 2 stock pumps on a 7.3, but never on a 6 liter. That's 2 sets of fuel filters to replace... My vote is for the airdog or a fuel labs pump and a stage 1 fuel kit.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
you will never keep your fuel pressure up with a stock fuel pump, whoever told you that isnt true.

the stock system wasnt designed to be able to practically handle stock flow yet alone more pressure.

do yourself a favor and do an airdog2 or fass and call it a day

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that settles it! Im def. going to buy the stage 1 kit. Any cheap fuel pumps out there that will work for me?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
the stage 1 system is very nice, we sell them quite often. As for the fuel pump, keep your stock and just add a pusher pump, that way you can maintain optimal fuel pressure and not be stranded if either pump goes out...

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See thats what im talkin about Abrannan! Any suggestions on where I should get a pusher pump?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
We sell them..you have a couple different brand options, either a airdog or fass, both make a nice pusher pump..and you hardly ever hear of any issues with the pusher pumps from either of those companies.

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I must be having a brain fart or something. How do I shop on your site? OR How much does a push pump cost?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
We sell them..you have a couple different brand options, either a airdog or fass, both make a nice pusher pump..and you hardly ever hear of any issues with the pusher pumps from either of those companies.
so the pusher pump over presures the stock pump? Or is it set for the same presure just helps boost the flow at max presure setting? If thats the case seems like this would be a nice upgtrade for a stock engine?

·
Registered
91 Posts
PM me with those prices too if you don't mind

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I push enough fuel(with 1 of these set ups) through my injectors to feed a turbo upgrade and actually get something out of it?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Trusted's site says I cant use the stage 1 fuel kit, because I have the dual alternator setup! Unreal! If I knew how many performance offerings I'd miss out on because of the second alternator, I would have bought a different truck!

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
so the pusher pump over presures the stock pump? Or is it set for the same presure just helps boost the flow at max presure setting? If thats the case seems like this would be a nice upgtrade for a stock engine?
It is a nice upgrade for an otherwise stock truck. I have an Airdog 150 pushing to the HFCM and an ITP regulated return kit under the hood. The Airdog 100 would be just as good on a stock or lightly modded setup too and you wouldn't have to replace the pickup line in the fuel tank. I also like having the regulated return under the hood since it's the only regulator I have, but if you were to get a regulated fuel pump (FASS, Airdog 2, Raptor) the regulated return fuel kit under the hood is unnecessary. It could also be argued that a regulated return is unnecessary... Just make sure whatever route you go that you get an in cab fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
268 Posts
what are the benefits of upgrading the fuel lines?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
what are the benefits of upgrading the fuel lines?
For me its not so much about power as it is about reliability and injector life. The AD 150 and regulated return I have accomplish that IMHO. A full fuel system is also a good building step to large power upgrades in the future.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
It is a nice upgrade for an otherwise stock truck. I have an Airdog 150 pushing to the HFCM and an ITP regulated return kit under the hood. The Airdog 100 would be just as good on a stock or lightly modded setup too and you wouldn't have to replace the pickup line in the fuel tank. I also like having the regulated return under the hood since it's the only regulator I have, but if you were to get a regulated fuel pump (FASS, Airdog 2, Raptor) the regulated return fuel kit under the hood is unnecessary. It could also be argued that a regulated return is unnecessary... Just make sure whatever route you go that you get an in cab fuel pressure gauge.
Humm...thanks for the info. The life of the injectors is in a solid steady oil flow as the tiny air bubbles wear them out so maybe the fass, airdog2 or raptor would be a better way to go. They are used as a pusher pump also then? Does one need to add a return line? How do i find out more details? your comments are much appreciated:thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts