Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I'm new to the forum and come asking for some help/advice. I have a 2004 F350 which I can't get to start: it appears that I have full power (I replace both batteries a couple months ago as well), everything turns on, etc. it cranks but won't fire up. I have plenty of fuel. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alright Rich

Do you have a scan tool or access to a scan tool that has Data Stream Capabilities and also injector buzz tests for good measures.

Can you check your oil level and also look at the oil level in you HPOP reservoir. Is the WAIT TO START light cycling on the dash.

2004 Should still be the 7.3L or is the one where they started the 6.0's.

These trucks are fairly simple when it comes starting I just had the same problem on my 96 F350 and got it running after it sat for a year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have access to a scan tool, however I will check the oil levels. The wait to start light is cycling on the dash...once it goes off, I turn the key and it cranks but doesn't fire. It sputtered once but that was it. It is the 6.0, I believe 2004 was the first year it was offered.

-Rich

·
Banned
71 Posts
!

The first 6.0's were late model 2003's. You need to get a scan tool hooked up and check codes first. Then you need to monitor icp pressure while cranking. It needs to be about 500 to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my buddy tow me over to a ford dealer near home, they scanned it and apparently the FICM is toast. They want almost $800.00 to repalce it! Is that legit? It seems like an aweful lot of $ for a module...although I have no idea what's involved in the removal of old and install of new.

-Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear the the FICM is bad. Being a computer module they are expensive. You may be able to find one on the .org's for sale section or a reman for a little cheaper. If i remember correctly on the 6.0 the FICM is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment. They are not hard to replace you just have to have the time and patience as with anything.

It may be to your benefit to look around if you have the time. Dealers are usually a little higher since its a new product and not a Remanufactured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts