Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I discovered this past weekend, at a most inconvenient time, that when I shut my truck off after having driven for like an hour on the highway, that it won't restart unless it sits for a little while. I was going to visit my brother on Saturday, which is about two hours away, and about halfway there on the turnpike, in the middle of nowhere, I stopped at a McDonalds/ Convenience store in the median area of the highway. I went in to get something to eat to go, and when I came back out to leave the truck would crank and crank, but not fire. After about thirty minutes of waiting, it finally fired back up. It did the same thing on the way back when I got back into my town and stopped for gas, except this time it only took waiting about ten minutes. It was also colder out the second time too. My theory is that the FICM is getting hot, and something is not working until it cools back down some. Any other ideas??? This is my first diesel so I don't have alot of experience with these types of issues.

Doug

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
1. go to youtube

2. type in: No start when hot Dieseltechron

3. watch and learn and then diagnose

There are certain no start when (hot, cold) etc that require diagnosis to figure out whats happening esp with with a 6.0l.

Dieseltechron had made an awesome collection of in depth videos for 6.0ls and 7.3ls owners and personally saved me thousands when I was new to the 6.0l platform and this forum. Do yourself a favor and set a good chunk of time to watch and write down and you will save money, and keep the truck running.

Reactions: nine9six

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I've actually already watched many of diesel techron's videos. Too bad he is gone. I haven't seen those you refer to.I will look them up though.
Thanks for the help.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts