Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving my truck home when all of a sudden the truck died, I managed to roll to a side street and get it started again. There was no hassle restarting the truck it fired right up and ran like a top. I go to put it into gear to leave and the truck just wont move in gear, engine revs up in all gears and no movement whatsoever. I get it on the hook and get it back to the shop, and I have zero pressure at the side port where you Tee in the gauge.

Now I am trying to figure out is there any way that the pca solenoid could fail open and cause a zero pressure situation? Or the pressure relief valve? I plan on eventually doing the transmission but wouldn't mind going a couple more years without doing it as I just had to redo half the engine. I have the manual but just wondering if this is something that anyone has ever seen before?

Ill keep the post alive when I find out more, unfortunately I have a broken wrist and am not able to do a whole lot at the moment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You have one of the rare man trans.. Unfortunately it's weaker than the auto but I still wish my truck had it.. Sounds like time for a rebuild if it is the trans.. Could also be the rear end, have you pulled your diff cover?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts