Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been searching a little and can't find any good info bunched together on this.

Can you guys list your truck and its empty weight?

Not interested in guessing or what the sticker has on it.
I would like to know actual vehicle weight.

I have a 2000 F250 SCSB 4X4 with 35" tires.

My truck empty, and around half tank of fuel weighs between 6700-6950 lbs.
The scale I was on is for semis and could have been a little different with mud and such.

What do you guys have?

I put this in the general forum because I figure everyone can get involved. Might be interesting on how much differences there could be.

·
Registered
958 Posts
2000 CC LB DRW with a 1/4 tank and me in it was right around 8,000 pounds. With a full tank without me, it would be right around there. This is based on the scrap yard scale.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
2006 F250 Harley Davidson Edition with stock rims and tires
Scrap yard scale wighed in at 7960lbs with 3/4 of a tank of fuel, me (215) and my boy (40) in it.

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
8150 with me in it, at 170 lbs, and a quarter tank of fuel.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I have been wondering. Why is my truck 1,000 lbs lighter than what everyone on here always talks about?

Not disputing what you guys are posting though!! Just wondering.

The cclb and drw makes some sense.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I rolled across at 8250, me, bumpers, and loaded toolbox included.(and my 50lb train horns)

You have to remember you are missing two doors that the others have. Thats a lot of metal right there

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
I have had people tell me they expect my truck to weigh more. Personally I don't care, less weight equals less fuel and faster truck. Lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
2006 F250 Harley Davidson Edition with stock rims and tires
Scrap yard scale wighed in at 7960lbs with 3/4 of a tank of fuel, me (215) and my boy (40) in it.
I'm very close on this. 2006 F250 Lariat CCSB 4x4, stock 20s and tires, 7950 with me and the wife in it on the COOP scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump for more responses!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Scrap yard scale put my 250 CCSB 4x4 at 8100 with myself (180) and less than 1/4 tank

·
Registered
693 Posts
i pulled onto the closed DOT scale and my truck with almost a full tank, a full toolbox, some various blocking and crap in the box for the camper and me sitting in it was 8860lbs i was a little surprised it was that high.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, I am starting to feel a little light in the undercarriage! Lol

Anyone else???

·
Registered
646 Posts
Jesus, heavy heavy trucks.... 97 OBS SCLB f350 with pretty rugged plow gear, and 35 inch bfg's half tank of fuel and me(180) in it Im always about 5750 on the way out of the dump...still rides like a tank and feels heavy lol.

9,000 lbs....i know you have a much bigger cab and a few more doors....but how is it that much weight...it blows my mind.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Jesus, heavy heavy trucks.... 97 OBS SCLB f350 with pretty rugged plow gear, and 35 inch bfg's half tank of fuel and me(180) in it Im always about 5750 on the way out of the dump...still rides like a tank and feels heavy lol.

9,000 lbs....i know you have a much bigger cab and a few more doors....but how is it that much weight...it blows my mind.
I think your scale is a little on the light side. Mine was right about 7000 the only time that I rolled across the junk yard scale without a trailer. With my gooseneck I weighed in a 10k.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

Something sounds wrong there. My buddys reg cab F250 4wd 351 5speed we have to STRIP to make the truck weigh 6,000 for the truck pulls

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LB or SB?

Maybe I am going to try a different scale! Haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.