Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my 2nd oil change and ended up using 3 gallons of Rotella, doesn't look like it hit the stick so I'm gonna have the wife stop by the parts depot and pick up another few quarts of oil to see if it ever hits it. Strange.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did turn the engine over and got good oil pressure, checked the stick again after letting it sit for a few moments and nothing.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Takes 15 quarts total:thumb: 3 gallons and 3 quarts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn your right....serves me right for not drinking the beer before hand. Oh well. :doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
They are expensive oil changes for sure, especially after you pay 20 for the filter :crazy:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I knew better I just wasn't thinking.. I've got to do the lawn mower too and forgot it takes 64oz of oil instead of 44oz :( Yall think there would be any problem mixing 5w-30 synthetic with SAE30 for the mower?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I knew better I just wasn't thinking.. I've got to do the lawn mower too and forgot it takes 64oz of oil instead of 44oz :( Yall think there would be any problem mixing 5w-30 synthetic with SAE30 for the mower?
No problem at all:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
They are expensive oil changes for sure, especially after you pay 20 for the filter :crazy:
Ive never paid more than 11.99 for the filter:thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WTH don't they put 5qts in those jugs instead of just 4? Sure would make life easier but then I guess there is some financial gain (for Shell) for doing it this way...

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
WTH don't they put 5qts in those jugs instead of just 4? Sure would make life easier but then I guess there is some financial gain (for Shell) for doing it this way...
Motorcraft oil is in 5 qt. juggs.

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use the Rotella 5-40 haven't done the MC. Any cheaper than $19/gal?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2006PSDSD,

What do you shoot? My wife has a Kahr PM9 for carry and I have an XD .40sc

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
2006PSDSD,

What do you shoot? My wife has a Kahr PM9 for carry and I have an XD .40sc
I have many, but I like my handguns the most and my Ak and SKS. I have a 357 and 38 cal in a wheel gun, and a sweet azz Glock 33 SF 45cal :woot. Oh yeah, I also have a soft spot for my 30-30 lever gun :nod:

No, it costs too much. I have to change my oil too often
Yeah that's where I get lucky, only every 3-4 months :nod:. I bought my truck brand new, and don't even have 29k on it

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Yeah that's where I get lucky, only every 3-4 months :nod:. I bought my truck brand new, and don't even have 29k on it
Yeah, it takes me longer to drive to Craig's then it does for you to drive from one side of CO to the other. :hehe:

Bought mine new too and have 70K. Drove over 30K last year and got a $19,000 dedution on my taxes though. :woot:

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Yeah, it takes me longer to drive to Craig's then it does for you to drive from one side of CO to the other. :hehe:

Bought mine new too and have 70K. Drove over 30K last year and got a $19,000 dedution on my taxes though. :woot:
I guess Craig needs to learn some plumbing principles :poke :hehe:

That's a nice deduction for sure :nod:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts