Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Sorry to see your struggling. Worse thing you can do now is to go out and finance another vehicle. You will just be digging the hole deeper. Back in Maine I worked as a repo guy. I was always surprised how often the same names would come up.
Check out Dave Ramsey when things settle down for you. It does work. Keep your head up.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to see your struggling. Worse thing you can do now is to go out and finance another vehicle. You will just be digging the hole deeper. Back in Maine I worked as a repo guy. I was always surprised how often the same names would come up.
Check out Dave Ramsey when things settle down for you. It does work. Keep your head up.
No other option. No truck no job.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
That sucks man. I know how you feel though. We bought a really nice 36' fifth wheel toy hauler a few years ago. Then my wife got sick, lost her job. Lost our medical insurance, single income, etc. Had to watch as the repo guy drove off with our camper. Every time I see one, I get upset, just remembering what it used to be like.

Keep your chin up, you should be able to get your tools back, if you hurry. Make a case that they are how you make a living..

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well good news is that I was able to get the truck back. Bad news is I now owe someone else $1800. But at least I still have my job to make money to pay them back.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Great to hear you got your truck back. I hope you get back on your feet. It is tough times for us all

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Congrats on getting your truck back!! Its a tough time for everyone, Keep your head up and youll do just fine..

Tom

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when I saw the truck was gone I was devastated. This truck means so much to me it's got me and my family through dark times, helped me make sure I get paid and gives me a reason to enjoy the ride to go work. I don't know what to do without my powerstroke.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Go sign the Ibew lineman books as a groundman
We have a ton of work all over the country

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've been Ibew for 10yrs and haven't been without a job for a day, that I didn't choose.
If you got money for gas, there's a job out there to be had

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to be an inside wireman but in tulsa I was just sitting at the hall waiting on a call. I guess linework is different. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can work out. I'm a very qualified industrial electrician. So I'm sure some of that transfers over.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
oil fields boomin all over...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts