Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck warranty

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  06Lariat_ 
#1 ·
ok...... i dont know a lot about warranties. i bought a 06 f350 bout 3 weeks ago brought it to a well know powerstroke mech yesterday he told me it had bad hg's so called dealer he said the truck has no warranty bc it is a 1 ton truck and registered commercaily. its only like that bc it of the gvw in new york has to be that way not using it for commercail puposses. does any one know more about that and is it bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
I'm confused. What sort of warranty did you get with the truck when you bought it? It's already out of factory warranty so if there was any warranty it would be an extended coverage plan that you bought right?

Btw, one ton and above trucks are treated differently depending on the state you live in. In MD they're a pain because of the GVW rating you must take it to a big truck shop to get inspected.

Also, you have 2 threads going with the same issue. It would be better to just have one so it doesn't get confusing.

#4 ·
Hey I just bought an 06 F350 about 2 weeks ago and it has a warranty because of the nys lemon law. Depending on the mileage it should be covered here's a link to the NYS general attorneys page on lemon laws. Used Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet | Eric T. Schneiderman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.