Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving down the road the other day and my truck suddenly died it lost power for a short minute while the wait to start light came on. I took my foot off the throttle the light went out and again back to normal. This is not the first time this has happened. Now the truck is in my driveway where it has sat for about a week. (I drive it less now to save on fuel) Now it will not start at all. Light comes on and goes off properly. It is a little bit cold here this morning it is about 36 and rainy. All winter the truck started great. I leave for work about 3 am. here in Colorado it is on average about 5 degrees at that time. I rarely plugged it in. Always started great this is the first time it has not started. I was thinking from some of the reading I did the pcm may be freaking out and now it is bad. Just thought I would see if any of you have had this problem or heard of it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now it started but sounds like it is running on one cylinder and dies about 30 seconds later.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Get your codes pulled... very important with your symptoms.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i finally got it running. I ran a space heater up against the intake manifold for a bout a half hour while the block heater was plugged in. Started up poored out white smoke. I revved it up once, it started running perfectly. So I unplugged the block heater and space heater and let it run for a few minutes and warm up then I drove it to the local parts shop that was close by to see if I could pull any codes. I came up with no codes. However every time he tested it which was three times it would do the same thing. It would kick the wait to start light on then it would run terribly then just shut off. So I am guessing it is the pcm. So I ordered one it should be in this afternoon. I will let you know if it fixes the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts