Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showing 13.1-13.5 volts all the time but it seems to struggle starting in the morning more and more each day. Still struggles throughout the day but not as much. Sound like a starter problem? any help appreciated

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 13 volts the battery or alt?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Battery, I'm assuming, coming from the Edge monitor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same problem and it ended up being one battery was bad. I just took it over to Autozone and they tested both batteries.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Check your FICM!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the same problem and it ended up being one battery was bad. I just took it over to Autozone and they tested both batteries.
Thanks will do
FICM=46.5-48.0

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Batteries need to be load tested to check for a bad cell also be shure your battery cable ends and terminals are clean of corrosion. You should also do a draw down test when trying to start see if your not drawing too many amps to roll the motor [possible starter problems] Check your connections at the starter for corrosion or being loose.

Caution: When working on starter disconnect both batteries you really do not want to ground a wrench against the block. Damaged wrench, burned hand and possibly kill your starter.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
check the bearings on your pullys , maby one is on its way out

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
check the bearings on your pullys , maby one is on its way out
You got a point, a member posted recently a pulley and ac locked up at the same time, lugging his truck down while starting

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI, both batteries needed to be replaced. Both were said to be fully charged but "only" 12.73 volts. That I don't get. But i had 7 days left on the 3 yr free replacement. So it did not cost a dime. At O'Reilly's all I needed was a phone number and they pulled the purchase up from their database and that was it. No ID, no receipt and they did not even check the batteries. I took it to Autozone yesterday and had them load test both. Thanks for all suggestions.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Maybe an ICP problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts