1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,978 Posts
Sorry man.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I hate that feeling, it’s happened to me twice with 2 wheeled critters, and more stuff then I care to talk about. Hope they find it soon and with minor issues.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I was literally just calling to get quotes on a alarm/remote start system too. Ugh really sorry to hear. I would post on FB too. I have actually seen locals report stuff and catch bad guys in my small town. May be just another set of eyes for you in this situation?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,978 Posts
Did it have any special alarms or security systems?

Due to the age, they certainly aren't worth as much as they were in the early years, but in a way that is bad. Insurance is probably not going to value a reliable/upgraded 6.0L as high as the value that the owner places on it.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Dude - that sucks! You've put a lot of work into that rig. I absolutely HATE thieves... :censored:

-jokester

Reactions: barongan

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
SUCKS!! If it does come down to insurance don't take what they say. Show the adjuster the receipts and tell him what your time is worth. I can tell you that it did make a difference when my truck was involved in an accident.

k

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
That SUCKS!!!!

My wife gave me crap about a alarm for my truck but it payed off when someone tried taking it when I was at work, they did the typical screw driver under the door handle but the alarm went off and they drove off.

Hope you find it still in okay shape:frown2:

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Damn man, that sucks. I hope you get it back quickly and without incident or damage.

·
california deplorable
10,722 Posts
man, i am sorry to hear.
hope its resolved quickly and painlessly
people think my lethal injection seats are gong to far,
but i would rather dig another hole than buy another truck...
just sayin :look:

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
I better never catch anyone stealing to trying to steal mine. They will be looking down the barrel of my .45 or my 12 ga. I guarantee you that before I call the cops I will make him/her piss their pants, maybe pistol whip that ****er and kick them in the nuts......

I'm sorry bro.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I better never catch anyone stealing to trying to steal mine. They will be looking down the barrel of my .45 or my 12 ga. I guarantee you that before I call the cops I will make him/her piss their pants, maybe pistol whip that ****er and kick them in the nuts......

I'm sorry bro.
Why go to jail when the thief sues you for assault. When he could just trip/fall down a mountainside during a "new friendship hike"... I feel ya though lol.

·
It is What IT is
1,734 Posts
Why go to jail when the thief sues you for assault. When he could just trip/fall down a mountainside during a "new friendship hike"... I feel ya though lol.
That's not going to happen in AK. Everyone carries here (I do, Glock 19X now). And I have a steep driveway....But he just tripped officer! :dunno: Second, that little prick will have to prove I hit him.....Who they gonna believe?

My next door neighbor is a cop. I see him almost daily (when I'm not traveling) and I've had long discussions with him. He says APD cops love it when thieves or crooks get busted by homeowners. Crime is rampant here. Almost daily shootings now. It's getting to be like S**tcago...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Trust me im not saying the criminal would succeed but I like to do all but guarantee just in case the DA is feeling liberal lol.

To @Doward, keep us updated and prayers/crossing fingers for a recovery and good insurance etc.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So insurance is a bust. I'm certain I told them I wanted full coverage on the F250 when I insured it what.. 10 years ago? Evidently I don't have comprehensive coverage, so they're telling me to pound sand. Thanks, Progressive!

JSO and local security are cooperating. They DO have some video footage of the incident. Evidently they were in the truck and driving away in under a minute :(

No word today, either. I'm trying to figure out how to ask if the landlord of the property may have any liability, considering we're supposed to be a secure environment. My lawyer says the burden of proof may be too high if they flat tell me to pound sand, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

I've got so many damn parts sitting in the garage for the truck - this sucks.

·
california deplorable
10,722 Posts
man i am still realling thinking about it i hope this gets resolvd quick and painless

1 - 20 of 50 Posts