Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Ford F350 CCLB 4x4 completly stock no mods added yet.

The problem is when driving if let idle slowing down or stopping or moving forward in traffic the truck will randomly stall. The battery light indicator is on but both batteries and alternator have been recently replaced, connections have been cleaned and di-electric grease put on them. Fuel filter has been recently replaced, batteries are not cheap either both diehard platnum gel cells. Oil changed not even 200miles ago, fuel cleaner put in: Diesel Kleen into fuel to clean fuel system and use diesel anti gel with c-tane booster every tank, which approximatly both tanks are filled once a week. It has a slightly rough idle, nothing noticeable if you dont know the truck. Truck when first started idles for about 15minutes to allow fuel to circulate on colder days, and betweeen 5-10minutes on warmer days. Though it still stalls, what could be other possibilities?

The wifey thinks its a fuel pump or injectors, and I dont even want to think it could possibly be the injectors because they have been replaced about a month before I bought the truck which was less than 6months ago.

Entire front end (from transmission to engine [engine not rebuilt]) completly redone before I bought the truck 2months ago.

Thanks for your help in advance,
-Kevin (k-wagz)
-The wifey (a chevy fan)

·
Registered
435 Posts
What they said, always the first part change with stalling issues...if you can't pull codes

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
just agreeing with what the others said. cam sensor.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cam sensor

so I take it its the fuel pump lol jk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts