Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
sometimes that can be due to injector issues. Could be sticking/worn out. Same thing happens with my buddies OBS when he has it on the highest setting

·
Registered
511 Posts
How about getting some readings on the HPOP and the fuel pressure? That will answer a lot of questions.

·
International Threat
13,085 Posts
Test the ICP while idling... normal is 600-700

If you test fuel pressure it should be 60 +/- 10 psi @ idle.

Does it do it while driving?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had the same problem with a ts chip. It worked fine except on the highest setting it would sputter and hardly run. It worked great on all the other 5 settings. I sent it back to be reburned and that fixed my problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
it doesnt sound like mechanical failure if the other settings work fine. And if it does it at idle that would point to computer/tune problems also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sorry for the thread hi jack, how do you test the HPOP i need to know because i think may might be whats giving me a problem with my truck

·
International Threat
13,085 Posts
YOu can do the ICP test with a good scanner or you can use a high quality gauge that reads up to 5,000 psi...

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
my truck lopes almost as bad as my drag truck with a .649 lift solid cam when its on the highest setting at idle but if your on the skinny pedal it just screams like a raped ape ...lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.