Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have had this problem for awhile, but I am trying to finally get it fixed. When slowing down or braking the truck will shake or vibrate from about 55 mph to about 40 mph and then becomes less. I have had the tires checked and now replaced, I have done the brakes and rotors, the u joints are good. The drive shaft is balanced. It feels like it is the rear of the truck. It shakes enough the change in the cup holder will make noise. What else should I start checking. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is it lifted? Mine does that when I accelerate a bit from stop -30mph but not if I am light on the pedal or cruising at those speeds. I just figured it was pinion angle or something from 4" lift and Toyo open M/T's

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a leveling kit on the front, but that is all. I am going to replace the carrier bearing next and see if that helps.

Will

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
If it is when you let off the throttle then I would check the u joints and carrier bearing. When you check these make sure the drive line is free, set the parking break then put it in neutral. In park you won't have any slack and it will seem like everything is good.

If it is when you are breaking it could be rotors, but you said the breaks have already been done. Did you have the rotors turned when you did the break job?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I experienced the same problems, and I went through 3 sets of calipers before it quit shaking while braking. Only one piston was pushing out. Good thing for lifetime warranty. I bought them from NAPA, Autozone and ORileys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts