Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I had this problem it was -4 and I was driving down the hwy, the truck was at 2200 rpms and wouldn't shift or anything then started shaking, I put the petal to the floor and continued to slow and as I pulled to the side of the road it shut off, I had my 2 week old son with me so I quickly called for a tow, when i got home my truck fired up and idled for about an hour. I drove it around for about 30 minutes... alone... then it died again and I took the cap off the top fuel filter and it was getting fuel and it started up about 20 minutes later, I haven't drove it since but I have started it and let it idle for a half hour at a time.

and now it is throwing codes for glow plug circuits and cylinder contribution. I haven't had the will power to check the FICM yet because of the insane temperatures (-21) the night before last, but before I do I was hoping someone else had the same problem

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
my truck was acting similar (luckily i was the only on in there) not as cold. had it towed to my mechanic and he checked it out and repeated the i ssue. mine was because the Logic side of the FICM was toast.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FICM sounds like the problem then, you aren't the first to say that, I guess I'll have to drag my butt out to check it tomorrow

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
FICM sounds like the problem then, you aren't the first to say that, I guess I'll have to drag my butt out to check it tomorrow
Have a mechanic check the logic side for you too. Its harder to test. Good luck to you!

sent from everywhere...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Whats your hpo situation? Icp and ipr good? A bad leak can do the same exact thing

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
656 Posts
Do u have a monitor or scanner? The leak would be internal so you wont visually see a leak, the only way to tell is by watching your icp or injector control pressure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine did the same thing one day when it was cold out here is South Dakota (-15)..i was getting less and less power and then all of a sudden it shut off...let it sit for 5 min and got it to chug home..but mine i was getting a low boost code and come to find out my EBP sensor and tube were just dirty and took them off and cleaned. now truck runs fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i have a few more things to check then, I'll start with EBP sensor because I just checked my FICM and it was holding a steady 48.6 volts

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'll give it a shot, I'm not about to pay shop fees and it can't hurt. my truck is not throwing that code but hey I've never heard of this problem before

1 - 11 of 11 Posts