Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck runs, but no power?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  KX250F 
#1 ·
06 f250 6.0 and i have been dealing with fuel gelling issues all winter long, i have replaced filter after filter, but now my truck has no power while driving.
It idles fine, and drives fine but once i crack half throttle or WOT, nothing happens. It will stay around 2500rpms and it feels almost like its in a limp mode. I have plenty of boost but i can't help but think something broke due to all the gelling fuel problems i had. I just ordered gauges to check fuel psi but that probably won't come in for another week. Is there any way to go about diagnosing the whole fuel system to figure out what part could be broken/cloged? I would prefer not to replace a bunch of parts for no reason! please help!!!

#2 ·
#5 ·
Will a scan gauge actually see something that's wrong and tell me, or is it only if there is a light on? And yea I already put the PS white bottle in every tank. This winter just happened to be really harsh and it gelled anyway.

#7 ·
The scan gauge will not say hey this is wrong or show you codes if the mil/cell is not lit. But you can watch the different sensors. Deisel tech Ron tells you what the sensors should be showing(like the ICP needs 500psi to start and what to trouble shoot if its not within the range it should be.
You can buy a scangauge2 from bullet proof diesel preloaded for the 6.0. Or I got mine from advanced and did it my self.

#9 ·
UPDATE, the problem actually resolved itself the other day. All of a sudden it just ran normal again... The only conclusion I can come to is that air was stuck in the fuel system somewhere from when I changed my fuel filters. I have been driving it for two days now and it runs strong so I guess I got out lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.