Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck was running great after getting the egr deleted, new oil cooler, heads machined and put back on w arps, new t-stat, and elc.. Gas mileage improved from 12-13 to 15-16 and then basically overnight after being out of the shop for 3 weeks or so it went to crap... No problems at all then one morning it starting having trouble turning over in the mornings, taking 2 or 3 trys for it to fire up, and then when it does it shoots a huge thick cloud of black smoke out, rough idling, and gas mileage is down to 9-10.. Ideas? Injector(s) on the fritz? Can it realistically happen overnight?? Also, tune was changed the afternoon before it started doing this crap, its a tune i had ran before, but then switched to my tow tune for a week at the lake and pulling the boat around.. :dunno:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO FICM is good.. 48 volts while running, and didnt drop below 47 while cranking.. My tuner is saying cyl 7 injector low, and glow plug circuit relay 6 low.. Those codes just came up as well as egr low, but my egr is deleted.. Check engine light came on as well..

Assuming cyl 7 injector is low and not right, would one low injector really cause the mileage to drop that much, run so poorly, and make it so hard to crank? :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts