Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this truck I'm looking to buy this week?

2011 King Ranch F-250 4x4 FX4 - Fully Optioned, Nav, SunRoof, 3.55 E-Lock. 20,000 Miles. In virtually new condition. Clean Oasis Report and Car Fax. Some nice after market items that I would add anyway so they hold value to me: Readylift leveling front, Tool Box, Iron Cross Bumper, 17,500 Winch, 35" Mickey Thompson ATZ's. Comes with a Bully Dog GT (Not Installed, which I'll probably sell for H&S). Any concerns on the 2011 turbo issues?

A couple pictures are attached.

Looking at $42k right now. I think its a pretty solid deal versus going new, what's your take?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i know that you can get a brand new 2012 lariat with less than 100 miles on it for the same price right now but you wont have mud tires and a big bumper lol you will have 20k less miles and 1 more year of warranty and a few less options. i am no 6.7 expert but thats just my 2 cents. either way if you do pick that truck it is a damn good lookin truck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes, I have a fleet dealer that I work with for our work trucks and I can get Invoice plus rebates on all new trucks through them. This truck as a 2012 would by a $64k sticker, which I could get for $55k + TTL, which would be ~$61k/OTD. I'd have to add about $4k in extras to get me to the same spot. So its $15-20k savings vs going new. I'm riding the fence on this one. It is sweet looking though.

I've never owned a black truck....Anyone regret getting black?

·
Registered
197 Posts
SoCal66, $61k OTD doesn't seem like a deal for a $64k truck. I've read a few threads of guy's getting in the low to mid $50k OTD on these trucks. Am I mistaken. I ordered a '12 that I should see this week. Sticker is $64k, I'm not planning on spending more than $55k OTD. I was told i should be able to get $10k to $12k off the MSRP. If my maths correct I should save more than $3000 OTD.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I believe the Invoice on a KR is a little more than for a Lariat even with the same MSRP. You can build them both on Edmunds.com or pay for a price report on Consumer Reports to get the facts. I don't see you getting much better than $10-12K off, and then add TTL. This all depends on rebates. And then, you need to weigh rebates vs possibility of better finance rates/etc.

I think it's rare to see a $64K truck go OTD for 55K. If so, they are playing with a trade or otherwise to drop taxes lower. Or, a really hungry dealer who is willing to give up holdback. I negotiated invoice (confirmed with consumer reports) - $4000 in rebates on mine. My two cents.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just got a 2012 Fully loaded Lariat with all the options (towing package,chrome package,navigation,you name it) F-350 Dually for $57,111 Sticker price was $64,111 Now I did get $24,000 off for a trade in as well.. I had no plan on getting one really but when they showed me what they would give me for my 06 dually it got my gears turning in my head.

If i were you I'd just go with a new one... No real reason,but its better if you put the miles on it instead of someone else. You never know how those 20,000 miles were put on:dunno:

I love black,but I had one Chevy truck one time that changed my mind from it. It always looked durty. if you get even into the smallest rain shower your truck will look BLAH:tard:. It shows little scratches 10 times more then any lighter color does. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
197 Posts
ucpa111, what I was confused about on my previous reply is how you get $10K to $12K off MSRP and with TTL this shouldn't take you back up to $61K. Unless like I had said, my math is wrong. Also, on another thread I posted called "Pricing on Ordered Trucks", someone on page 4 said he ordered a $61K truck and they are selling to him for $50k OTD. Now that seems hard to believe. I read so many different things about pricing, I'm not sure whose correct.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My XLT went for about $11,500 under MSRP. I did have a trade-in to lower the taxable amount, a savings of roughly $1,300, negotiated a price slightly under invoice on my truck, plus $6,000 in rebates. If I were purchasing a vehicle that was $11,000 more than my XLT, I would fully expect the savings to scale appropriately. It's all a money game when buying new, play it at the right time and you can get some good deals.

Is the $42k price OTD for the KR you're looking at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts