Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took turbo out of my 99 superduty on memorial so i got new turbo and installed it but it smokes big time still but don`t wanna stay runnin very long will this happen if oil is low knowin when you take turbo out it emptys your pan. let me know what is going on here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
does it leak oil? did you replace the orings on the pedestal? did you check the oil level in the pan? did you get the vband attached properly, no leaking? is the evbp working properly or is it stuck making a funny solid whooshing type hissing sound? i know its alot of questions!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it don`t leak aNY oil i did replace orings on pedastal from turbo to ped. oil leval in pan is down need to get oil in it totaly forgot about that everything is attached correctly. just wondering if this truck is setup with a sensor to stop runnin when that low on oil. thanx for the reply.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes they do have a sensor. they will not start if the oil level is too low, also the hpop will not fire the injectors if pressure is not high enough.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaahh yup that was it added more oil and runs like a champ now need to run it so i can burn out the oil in the exhaust pipe and muffler. thanx again for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts