Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my truck from a dealership. Of course can get nothing out of them on who owned the truck before. Want to know if anything has been done to the truck or if it is stock. I am assuming stock. How can I find out who owned the truck prior or who can I take it to and have it looked at to see if there is a program on it already? I asked the dealership if there is anyway to tell if it is chipped and they told me they could not do that...I have the feeling that was a flat out lie. Is there a tech in or around the Orlando area that will look at it for me one day and answer the chip question? If not a tech can anyone else help me? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:bump:

does it have gauges you can read?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no there are no guages in the truck

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I just got an oasis report form Banshee, And it had the previous owner on it. I don't know if this is common, And if so I probably would not call him, Out of respect. But I would write a letter to him stating my intentions.
Any respectable truck owner would understand and respond.:thumb:
But start with the basics. Look at the turbo, Desrcibe it to people here. They will let you know if it is stock or Aftermarket. Then the exhaust. ect. ect. ect. ect.
The oasis will tell you the internal stuff that was done you can not see.
You get the idea.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts