Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, does anyone ever do trick meets and or drives here is Oregon? I'd be interested in doing that, if anyone else is.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I may be down for that.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Where in oregon? Im in southern idaho, but would be willing to.drive to ontario.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in the Wilamette valley, unfortunately. Ontario is a nice place, but that may be a good trip. Maybe sometime when I am in EO visiting family or something, unless I have vacation time other than that.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
<---- P-Town here.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
yup, P-Town = Portland.

Ahh, you in the college city.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately. I moved to this side of the state about 3 years ago. I miss Eastern Oregon. Too many people here. Even for 56,000. I avoid Portland like the plague because of how many people, but it is a beautiful city.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Then you have not been here lately. The town stinks, literally. Can't go anywhere without seeing a homeless person, or hundreds. They leave their crap everywhere, and I do mean 'crap'. The homeless population is just extremely bad in the Portland area, and has gotten worse since Washington passed the no panhandling law. Now they have all moved over here from Vancouver, begging for change to buy their beer and drugs. It's horrible, enough to make me want to move, but financially I can not.

There were some beautiful trails to ride bikes or walk along, but it's horrible now, with the homeless pitching their tents and crap all over them. They clear out the spring water trail (One of the best bike trails in Portland), and 2 weeks later they all move back in, costing tax payers, yet again, money to move them out and clean up the trail...again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is too bad. I guess it was a nice city. I really don't care for the panhandlers. We only have a few here, luckily.

·
Super Moderator
12,954 Posts
I'm over in La Grande on the east side..... if you haven't yet check out the CCR Chat page, it's not as active as it used to be but that's pretty much where the action happens if there is any

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/cascade-coal-rollers/137750-ccr-chat-thread-10137.html

If you're into sled pulling, a couple of the members are active in the NW Truck Pulls circuit, I ran the Believe Pulling Sled circuit here last year and ended up winning the Outlaw Diesel class last season, I think there's another circuit that runs closer to P-town but I'm not sure. I'll wave as I go through on Thursday depending on how my appointment goes in The Dalles, I might even have time to stop and chat if any of you folks will be around.

EDIT: And if you're up for the drive, we usually try to do a good G2G up in Coeur D' Alene for Hunting4Horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
12,954 Posts
Lol small world.

I've been here since '04. Came here for college at EOU and never left when I was done. I like the area and most of the people, and love being able to drive for 5-10 minutes and have a pick of 3 parts of the mountains to be in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand, man. I miss it. The only thing keeping me here on this ugly side of the state is my wife's grandparents and a 30 year mortgage. As soon as the in laws pass, I should be able to go back if I want to.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I understand, man. I miss it. The only thing keeping me here on this ugly side of the state is my wife's grandparents and a 30 year mortgage. As soon as the in laws pass, I should be able to go back if I want to.
There's a LOT of us on here that wish we could move over east, but careers and mortgages keep it from happening. Another Wetsider here myself...

-jokester

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I just said F*** It and moved anyway. I was born and raised in the PDX metro area. When I was a kid, we actually had Republican governors (Mark Hatfield and Tom McCall and Vic Atiyeh). Ever since it became permanently liberal it has been going to Hell in a hand basket. I finally got sick of it a couple years ago and headed over Mt. Hood. I quit my job and sold my place and just moved. Don't make as much money as I used to, but life is so much better that I really don't care.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right? It is pretty bad sometimes. I really don't care for the liberals around here. They are too busy complaining about everything, and don't pay attention when they drive, ect, ect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts