Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Noobie here and seeking help about an issue. Tried search but couldn't find anything. I've owned the truck for about 2 months. Its a 96 F350 ext cab, Auto with 4.10s. Truck has 67,000 miles on it and was well maintained by original owner with a trans fluid/filter change at 35,000 miles. Maint I've done so far has been new fuel filter w/ screen clean, BB mod, and 6637 mod and this happened prior to my maint. Problem happens occassionaly where I'll be driving at no particular speed, has happened at as low as 30mph and up to 55 mph. Constant throttle, truck lurches violently, feels like its slips out of gear them immediatly regains; almost like it wants to downshift but rethinks. Its very uncomfortable cause its neckbreaking when it does and happens so fast that I don;t have time to look at tach, CEL, OD light to diagnose area; so I have no idea where this is coming from. Any help is appreciated. Love this truck , and look foward to talking with you guys about mods to get it to run closer with my 01 Lightning.
Brandon

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
WELCOME TO ORG! ! !

Not sure but could be the tranny itself or something with the ECM on the truck Good Luck on the fix

I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with some answers

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey all, Noobie here and seeking help about an issue. Tried search but couldn't find anything. I've owned the truck for about 2 months. Its a 96 F350 ext cab, Auto with 4.10s. Truck has 67,000 miles on it and was well maintained by original owner with a trans fluid/filter change at 35,000 miles. Maint I've done so far has been new fuel filter w/ screen clean, BB mod, and 6637 mod and this happened prior to my maint. Problem happens occassionaly where I'll be driving at no particular speed, has happened at as low as 30mph and up to 55 mph. Constant throttle, truck lurches violently, feels like its slips out of gear them immediatly regains; almost like it wants to downshift but rethinks. Its very uncomfortable cause its neckbreaking when it does and happens so fast that I don;t have time to look at tach, CEL, OD light to diagnose area; so I have no idea where this is coming from. Any help is appreciated. Love this truck , and look foward to talking with you guys about mods to get it to run closer with my 01 Lightning.
Brandon
It may just be very hard tourqe converter lockup....cuz u catch it inbetween lockup and before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts