Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today when driving my truck it didn’t have the power it normally has with the sct performance tune and my fuel mileage was down 3 mpg and I got the mountains I put it in tow haul and didn’t have the exhaust brake. Then I realized it was all back stock. Has anyone had this happen before truck has no codes and drives just fine with no issues just the same as it did before I tuned it

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Yeah, something isn't adding up here. That, or we're not being told the full story.

You have any work done recently at a dealership or a shop?

-jokester

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tuner is updated has had no recent work. I thought it was impossible too. I hooked my tuner up clicked adjust previous options and everything was still set the way I had it retuned it and everything is now back to normal for now I switched from my street tune to my performance tune about 2 weeks ago everything was normal till 2 days ago

·
Administrator
32,667 Posts
not sure how to address this ?
the truck has no stock file stored and no "base tables " to revert to, so how would it reload a stock file without the SCT plugged in ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea that’s why I’m on here lol. It makes no sense to me also but it happened

·
Administrator
23,490 Posts
1. OP has a tuned truck
2. OP messes with Tuner, truck and OP are confused
3. OP realizes not to mess with the tuner, truck is ok.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
you can change tunes all day long without returning to stock
Yes, but I do not recommend changing tunes without returning to stock first. I've actually introduced problems by doing that. A quick "return to stock" and a retune to the exact same tune I was having issues with fixed those problems!

-jokester

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
Don't forget espeically with the 6.0ls hooking up a battery tender when changing tunes multiple times. It puts a decent strain on the batteries and I noticed it made things quicker too. Its not entirely uncommon for low battieries on a 6.0l to cause issues when tuning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts