1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

F-350
200XXX miles

This has been an ongoing issue that I have been posting on Ford-truck.com and decided to jump over here to see if I can get some different answers or suggestions. This is my DD and really need to get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance.

I really seem to notice this issues mostly on the freeway at freeways speeds. Once I get up to 50+ for a couple of minutes the truck starts to hiccup and struggles really bad. If I let off the gas the truck will die. As long as I keep the skinny pedal down I can feather it to a lower speed, which seems like the truck does a lot better. I noticed a couple of times black smoke when the truck starts acting up. I think the injectors are getting loaded because I have the pedal almost to the floor to keep the truck from stalling when the hiccups get really bad.

at idle it seems like it fluctuates. I don't notice a change in RPMS, but I hear the idle change and the exhaust sounds throatier like the motor is missing or something.

I have an oem fuel and oil cap. Cleaned the EGR valve and put new o-rings on. had a tear on the ICP pigtail. Replaced the pigtail and ICP sensor. This is a new truck to me and the previous owner said all 8 injectors are about 6 months old. Did a bubble test, test came back negative. I have a scangaugeII all values are coming back normal at KOEO, ideal and High idle. Not throwing any codes. Truck feels like it drives fine on city street. However, once I turn the truck off after getting up to temps I will have to crank for a good 10 seconds to start. sometimes have to crank it over 2 or 3 times for about that long. On cold starts the truck starts right up. HELP!!

ICP
KOEO - 15
Idle - 664
High Idle - 1483

IPR
KOEO - 14.6
Idle - 22.7
High Idle - 37.9

FMP
KOEO - 47.0
Idle - 47.0
High Idle - 47.5

FPW
KOEO - 0
Idle - 1056-1208
High Idle - 648ish

CVI
KOEO - 4.98
Idle - 4.98
High Idle - 4.98

FSN
KOEO - 0
Idle - 1
High Idle - 1

ICV
KOEO - .19
Idle - .91
High Idle - 1.71

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
What is the ICP when cranking hot or rough running? If it starts good cold it could be a HPO leak. Hot oil is thinner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the ICP when cranking hot or rough running? If it starts good cold it could be a HPO leak. Hot oil is thinner.
Ill have toget those values when the truck warms up. I'll post them later on today. I guess it time to read up on leaking HPO. What about the IPR sensor would that cause no start when motor is at temps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts