Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have a 2008 F250 6.4. Locks up when shifting into 3rd. Throwing Codes P1744, P0741, P0772, P2704. It has SCT Tuner full delete with S&B intake and 4 flow pro exhaust. I dropped the pan, magnet had some sludge but nothing to crazy. Ohm tested solenoids, all within spec 4.3-4.4 and EPC/PC-A was at 5.2. Not sure what is going on. Any info would help.

·
Super Moderator
5,948 Posts
Canned tunes or custom tunes? What hp level? My 6.4 had a shift flare/slam running River City Diesel tuning. Anything other than the tow tune it felt like the trans was going to come apart. Once I changed tunes it went away for the most part. Still never felt 100% shifting into 3rd though, but I changed tunes the moment I started noticing it... I also never ran anything higher than a 100hp tune after that.

I am not a trans guy by any means, hopefully someone can chime in. I think its a safe bet that at the very least, a solenoid is part of the problem. But I doubt its your only issue...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even if the solenoids checkout electronically, could E be stuck off mechanically?
I also spoke to a few shops and one directed me to possibly the ECM being faulty.
I’m going to put the truck back to complete stock an see what Happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having this exact issue, I’m stumped and can’t find anything on this issue. Did you ever get this fixed and if so what was the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts