Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from a job walk in Spokane truck went into limp mode with no warning ,display on screen def fault reduced speed to 50 mph, cruise 50 mph to Tri cities Washington , called dealer and said to cycle the key 4 times ten minutes idle and it's should clear? Well it's heading to the shop tomorrow , I have only 5 k and no mods, what a pain in the rear to be going thru this on a brand new truck.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That's a excuse to delete. The less sensors on the exhaust the better

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
723 Posts
But then again you should be having that problem with a brand new 50k truck

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
723 Posts
Shouldn't

Sent from a Apple

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I am just afraid to loose the warranty, and I also but a extended one, but if it does it again ,I am following ur advise, man it sucks when u have a brand new truck and u brag how good it looks and then it spends more time in the shop then on the road

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will keep u guys post it on what they find tomorrow , Legacy ford in Tri cities Washington said they can work on it first thing tomorrow , so I am crossing my finger and hope is something simple and that they have parts in stock, I was planing on pulling a trailer this weekend

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I live in Kennewick Washington , I was in Spokane this morning doing a job walk at the Fairchild Air Force Base, we do a lot of business in Spokane and travel a lot to it, it's a great city, cool I will check the local area chapter, thank you

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of shop? I might be looking for a shop to do my delete stuff

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Eh..... not really that kind. :lol: We have a metal fabrication shop specializing in Structural Steel for commercial buildings... (hospitals, schools, office buildings, ect...)

But for a delete shop, I recommend Chris @ Specialized Diesel Northwest.

He is on the north side of Spokane and is the best with Fords:nod:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update,... service writer called me this morning and said, good news and bad news, which on do you want to hear first? so i said neither, wheres my truck. he laughs and says the bad news is that we dont have the part and its back order, it wont be here until mid next week, so he starts to give me the good news, which at this point i dont care, but he said they found the problem, which is a faulty def injector, huh? the truck's computer was saying this already!!! anyway i am out of a truck for a week due to a def system, so i will be deleting this, when i get the truck back

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Good to know that they figured it out finally though!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eli... I talked to Chris Friday about deleting the def and cat, he is getting back to me with a price, thank u

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had this SAME problem when my truck hit 1450 miles. it stated i would have reduced speed in 50miles. so i bought 5gallons of def fluid & it took almost 2.5 gal b4 it came pouring back out all over the truck. it went into 50mph limp mode for about 10 more miles b4 it went away. apparently u can reset it on the steering wheel in the setup menus but if my light comes back on i will be suspect of a bad sensor. i too have no mods & about 1750miles so far...

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Cycle the key 4 times cleared the problem. Seems that it likes to come back very often, at least once a week. Starting to get tired of this. The dealer has you by the @%&. They tell me, if we drop the tank and see that it is dirt or debris causing the problem - it would be at your expense. I am not in the shop to see what it will look like when they drop the tank to know if it is a cash job or a warranty job. Trust in a dealer is very low. I am informed the DEF tank is inside the fuel tank. If this is true, that really stinks. Dealer said that to me, boosting up the labor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts