Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what is wrong with my 2002 with 90000 on it. when the truck is in park the truck wont move but when the truck is in any other position then park it rolls what could this be?

thanks casiey

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was pulling a trailer out of the sand i was on the gas about half way and was backing out of the gas when the truck just died. so i started it back up started just fine put it in reverse and noting happened wouldn't move so put it in drive and same wouldn't go anywhere first second same thing. when the truck is in park in wont roll like normal but drive and reverse the truck just rolls like its not in gear.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
make sure 4x4 is not partially engaged , seen that before , not trying to be silly by saying that , ive seen manual shift 4x4 partially out of gear causing it to not be fully locked into a range , other than that , trans may have dumped ,its almost impossible to damage park mechanism so thats why it works fine , you said you were pulling in the sand , im wondering if you heard any loud pop or anything , like maybe an axle or something in rear end , put it in 4x4 and see if it pulls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how can you tell if its partially in 4x4? the light is changing from 4x4 to low range then will turn off. no pops or grinding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts