Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had to put it back to stock..... the cat is back in too....... what a dog i tell ya and its so quiet too. anyway, its back that way for my safety and emissions testing. got to do it by the end of the month, then its back to the screamin 6.0 that i love!!! :burnout

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
no inspections of any kind in this state!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
So when are you getting it tested Rob I dont think i could run mine stock for more than a day or two.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Man, I had to run mine stock for a couple days before and after my headstuds, it sucks!!:doh:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just exhaust right?
nope, stock tune too. man it sucks.... feels like it wont get out of its own way.

no inspections of any kind in this state!:dunno:
you lucky dog....

So when are you getting it tested Rob I dont think i could run mine stock for more than a day or two.

i have to make an appt, they have to take my hubs apart since its a 4X4, plus diesels require an appt too. the better not fook it up or its their butts. i thnk they are gonna complain that i dont have fender flares either. my tires stick out about 2 inches so we will see.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Im glad i live in wisconsin, but it wont be long we will have to do that now too. When you do get inspected you should let us all know if they stick a gas analyzer in your exhaust, or just hook up a scanner and check the obd2 monitors.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i believe they just hook it up to the OBDII port, but i cant say for sure. ill let ya know.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
in NC they just make sure that all your lights, horn wipers ect. work for anything over a 8500 GVWR. Anything less than that, and leter model than a 1996, gets an emissions test. man, that sux! They are tough too, just a little too much NoX and youre screwed. But nothing but safety inspections for diesels!! :thumb:

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
When I first read this, I was thinking wheels and lift and everything :lol: I think you will manage for a day or two. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Im glad i live in wisconsin, but it wont be long we will have to do that now too. When you do get inspected you should let us all know if they stick a gas analyzer in your exhaust, or just hook up a scanner and check the obd2 monitors.
In Vegas they use a tailpipe tester, (truck on a dyno, run up to 30mph) and it is based on a percentage of opacity, 12%. In other words, visable smoke must not block more than 12% of light passing through it. They don't use the obd port here. I'm sure it's different in other states. They only just started testing diesels under 10,000 lb GVW about 4 years ago here.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
what do they need to take your hubs apart for? thats goofy! :dunno:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I first read this, I was thinking wheels and lift and everything :lol: I think you will manage for a day or two. :)
yeah i should have been more descriptive!!! but this way i get more people to atleast look at my thread!!!!

what do they need to take your hubs apart for? thats goofy! :dunno:

i have no idea why.... i looked online and this is what it said on thier website...

Gas and Diesel Vehicle Emissions and Safety Inspections
Motor homes or trucks with a full-floating axle require an appointment (Please call 546-8860, ext. 0, for an appointment.)
Regular gas vehicles do not need an appointment
Motor homes with a GVWR greater than 26,000 lbs. cannot be safety inspected at the county facility.
Diesel vehicles require an appointment. (Please call 546-8860, ext. 0, for an appointment.) Davis County vehicle diesel emission tests cost $15.
Light duty safety inspections cost $17.
Safety Inspections of any four-wheel drive vehicle or any vehicle requiring disassembly of the front hub or removal of the rear axle cost $22.
Gasoline emission tests cost $25.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
that makes no sense... removal of rear axle??? $22? that's it... why are they going to remove the rear axle? What is that going to accomplish? I don't understand any of that.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
STOCK?!?! :eek:

I think I'd rather walk. :lol:

J/K - I know how it feels buddy, I feel your pain.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts