Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my tranny seems to be experiencing what so many others are with the hard shift syndrome.

Mine:
Works fine cold

Truck up to temp:
Symptoms:
From a start will start out in second gear leaving a stop sign.
Getting onto a freeway the truck will search for a gear then bang into a gear and cause the wrench light to come on.

I dropped it off at the dealer today and they are already pointing to the lift. I told them right out of the gate what does a lift have to do with a transmission.

Has anyone fought this battle with ford? I feel like I already need to put a call into Ford customer service line.

Also any recent TSB on transmissions for 08-10 F250?

thanks everyone!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Ford called its showing Code 0766 which is the shift solenoid.

They are putting a call into ford to see what the next steps are? Why would a dealer not replace the solenoid and call it a day?

Nate

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well dealership just called they just declined my warranty do to modifications.. I asked them how a lift can effect a transmission. They just deferred me to the Ford hotline.

Anyone have any tips? I really cant afford a new transmission right now.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
What is the cost of the shift selonoid? I would give customer service a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Ford has declined my warranty.....Its been a week long battle and at this point i have no desire to own a ford again.

They are doing a pin point test on the transmission at this time to validate the sticking solenoid and a pressure test. Best case scenario i'm out $1k.

Anyone ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Warantee is a warantee, really doesn't matter which company you go with, Dodge or GM will do the same thign to you.

Pissed off yes I can understand, you can always try another dealer.

Solenoids should be pretty easy to get to as long as you have not broken somethign else.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What is the milage and year of your truck?? If the Dealership did not like the lift , that is probably why Ford declined the warranty.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
You should have went to another dealer ASAP. Dealers in Alberta are so mod friendly I've got warranty work done with my lift dpf and egr deletes. Chances are your lift didn't effect the transmission but the dealer has the right to deny if it's modified which is why I would have tried my luck at another dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer is going unbelievably slow! They are finally dropping the pan tomorrow. They drove it again today and called to tell me it still has a hard shift after they did a transmission relearn!

I called a local diesel shop today.. Left Coast Diesel and left a msg if they dont have any news tomorrow i'm going to pull it and take it to Left Coast. Does anyone have any experience with Left Coast?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LeftCoast has the truck now and pulled it apart. The tranny is toast! I found one locally with a warranty that is going in.

Lesson learned on this one never buy a used truck!

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I'm just glad you didn't let the dealership fix it. This could just as easily have happened with a new truck by the way.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Used trucks are ok, just need to do the research and inspect carfully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts